Author Topic: Replacing inserts on a Getaway playfield  (Read 348 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Replacing inserts on a Getaway playfield
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:01 PM »
Hi guys, I have a Getaway which has some lifting on the inserts. As this is a machine that I want to keep, can this be fixed or do I look at getting another playfield?

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Replacing inserts on a Getaway playfield
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:44:26 PM »
It can be fixed, but it is a fair bit of work. Generally the way to do it seems to be to use a heat source (heat gun or hair dryer) to loosen the glue and then the insert can be removed, cleaned up and then glued back in place.

If you use the search function you should be able to find a number of threads on fixing inserts.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
Sounds like a long and tedious process. I would definitely look at getting someone to do it. Thanks for the reply

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
If it is not to serious you can just use a hairdryer from underneath to heat the glue then use a flat block of wood to press back down flat, you can then use some superglue (thick gel type so it doesn't go everywhere when applying) to stick the edge of the insert where it meets the timber underneath the playfield.
I have used this method to raise and lower a few inserts over the years without any problems.