Author Topic: WTB: lockdown bar for Black Rose  (Read 196 times)

Offline dj10555

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
WTB: lockdown bar for Black Rose
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:11 PM »
Looking for a lockdown bar to suit a Black Rose for a friend's game. The game currently has another bar which has been hacked to fit a different button. I have contacted a few suppliers but most suggest buying a standard bar and modifying it to suit.

If anyone has this game, could they please check the size and the location of the hole for the firing button and I will buy a standard bar and modify it properly. On the back of a standard bar there are 5 holes punched in the bracket and I suspect the firing button should go through the centre hole but need someone to confirm this.

regards Derek

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: WTB: lockdown bar for Black Rose
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
Yep, its the centre hole.

Just did the same thing last week.  I used a 1/2" drill bit then rounded the hole out a fair bit more, and the new button actually screwed into the hole i made.

The only thing is the button has two small locating lugs to seat it into the hole  - you could dremel a slot out for these, or cut them off so it sits flush, or do what i did and let the button sit up a couple of mm.

Offline Duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »
Not sure if the are the same but PSPA has lock bars for the NBA fastbreak that also has a center button.

To the best of my knowledge they are the same but would be best to check first.

My 2 cents.... ^^^

Offline Ric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »
there is a guy in Greece selling Black Rose parts at the moment via Ebay - username ixis

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
there is a guy in Greece selling Black Rose parts at the moment via Ebay - username ixis

I was gunna say that %.%

Just to let you know , I have dealt with this guy ixis many times and he is a "top bloke"
His english is fairly good he doesn't rip you off with postage and he packs everything really well.

Send him an email because he has quite a bit of stuff thats not listed.

Offline dj10555

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »
Thanks for all the responses  <..>

I have contacted Ixis to see if he has an original lockdown bar first if not I will buy an original and modify to suit. I have looked at bars on PSPA but although difficult to see from the photo it appears the centre of the NBA lockbar may be pear shaped?

RobM, when you modified your bar, are you using the original 5 membrane switch under the firing button. Just wanted to make sure that if a button fitted to the centre hole, it will line up the original switch membrane, before I drill a hole in a brand new lockdown bar.

regards Derek

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Derek,

Yep - it lined up perfectly - the only thing is if the switch sits a bit higher or lower, you might have to either cut a bit off the bottom or add a couple of bits of electrical tape (i had to do that to a black rose i had a few years back).

From memory, i think there are actually a couple of places the pressure pad will work (one in the centre and one back to the left side of the machine)

Rob