Author Topic: ToM eddie switch  (Read 174 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
ToM eddie switch
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
This has been a problem for 6+ months now and I've tried a few possible solutions. The problem is the trunk eddie switch function. I have set the trunk ball save setting so when you hit the trunk and the ball drains sdtm the ball is saved. This function worked from the time I got the machine. Then I changed the ROM and this function ceased working (except for the very rare occasion).

I figured it was a bad ROM copy and installed the original but the problem persisted. The new ROM V1.3X is back in.

The eddie switch functions well when moving a ball in and out of the zone. All trunk strikes seem to register. I have tried adjusting it today to the manual calibration instructions but problem still there. I have also tried every combination of setting the ball saver and trunk ball save options under the features menu.

One point to mention is the eddie sensor interface cabling is hard wired to the eddie pc board so I figure there is no plug connection problem like on TZ powerball sensing etc.

I am now out of ideas, so any thoughts (and no, selling it to you is not a solution  %.%)
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline jpd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
Re: ToM eddie switch
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:19:59 PM »
Sorry but I can't help with your ToM  but is this sensor you speak of a proximity switch as I note mention TZ which I have and is having troulbe with the trough prox switch .Could you please enlighten me about the connector thing?Please.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
I have a 26 trough prox sw problem that is simply the connector is not making properly. So I will be soldering these wires directly to the board to solve the problem. To check this reseat the connector on yours and see if the problem goes. The problem will return eventually.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »
here is a link to show you what I did. I did option 3

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tz_prox.htm#info