Author Topic: Sunday Pinball mutterings  (Read 874 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Sunday Pinball mutterings
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

Great post Greg  ^^^

I think along similar lines, because of a similar background. I grew up around EMs and learnt about them very quickly. The only downside to EMs is that there are not enough out there - and not enough out there in "A1" condition (unless they are in one of our collections). EMs are simple, yet tough. Its like going to a Fair - Knock down the cans, you win a prize. Simple, yet challenging. Makes you want to return for more. There's not an EM I don't like - I have my favorites, but none that I won't play because they are not fun to look at or play. Artwork - Cannot be beaten. There's hardly any post EM artwork that is as good as EM artwork. Quite a SS machines have GREAT artwork, but I don't think it developed past the SS "Golden Age". DMD art is seldom original, always a licensed theme which does not give that machine it's own character.

I guess it is because I enjoy the simplicity of a game, I cannot appreciate the deep rule sets of ST TNG, IJ and TZ. These three machines I avoid at all costs. I don't find them as being "fun" games - a little too "serious" for me. I draw the line at SS, TAF and CV as far as "rulesets" are concerned. I agree with Greg - Fishtales is an AWESOME fun game for me. Much like an EM or SS. Street Fighter II is much more fun than most give it credit for. I'd rather play a SFII for HOURS than play ST TNG for one game. I think if the SFII theme was not a video game, then people would not "bag" it as much.

At the end of the day - I love all things pinball.

^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia