Author Topic: Last Action Hero  (Read 6793 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Last Action Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »
You can adjust the microswitch by bending the metal lever that pushes in the switch, all you want is for the switch to activate a little later than it is currently.

I have now adjusted these switches as best as possible.  I don't actually think the switches control the end movements of crane.  When the switches were out of adjustment (ie not being pressed at either end), the crane would still stop and the end of its 'stroke' and then return to centre if the switch was not pressed.

It is an absolute pain in the ar$e to adjust, mm by mm.  I have it now so the yellow ramp drops the ball cleanly onto crane, however it stops about 3mm short of the switch on the blue ramp.  Even with the black rubber square its just short.  I think a solution is to get another small square of rubber and put it on top of the other one.  I think perhaps the gear has maybe dropped a tooth or to as it should not be this hard.  I don't know if the rubber square is in fact factory.  If not perhaps the operator did this to compensate.  I don't even know where to find the type of rubber too.. Maybe bunnings..

If the extra bit of rubber fixes it then it will work until I decide to strip the motor and rebuild it..