Author Topic: My home made Vortex pinball  (Read 3282 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My home made Vortex pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:55 PM »
Yep, there's always someone lurking around that has (or will) build their own pinball machine(s).

The best bit, is that there's no rules to follow, the parts, gameplay and challenges are only limited by the person building the game, so you can't go wrong.  :lol

I've used pics/picaxes for ages now, and they're VERY easy to play with, especially using the "basic" language instead of anything advanced such as 'C' or 'assembler' (who can afford the time?).

In the past few years, i've dabbled more with Altera/Xilinx FPGA chips, which is like having a whole library of TTL/cmos chips all inside the one device, and you internally map out a schematic and assign it to the device pins (anywhere from 80 to 400 I/O pins).
When you play with these devices, you'll then see that ttl/cmos is obsolete hahahahahaaha.

I'm hoping to get more info together, and perhaps create another forum on here to share the lessons for anyone wanting to learn about it all, anything to help pinheads get there projects together  #*#.

MM.