Author Topic: Twilight Zone  (Read 2536 times)

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Twilight Zone
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »
Too easy, I found one on eBay (US). The postage cost more than the board, but it was still reasonably cheap, and now I have a working clock  @@* The game wouldn't be the same without it, IMO.

Matthew

Lucky i think that would be a rare find 15 years after the game was released.
Have you tried looking for replacements for the broken plastics yet? BAA has slingshot plastics if you need them, all the others are almost impossible to find.  I did manage to find a Alan Meyer reproduction of the magna flip sign a few years back just incase I ever need one.

Yep, I have jumped in on a group order with Mad Amusements, they sell the 3 plastics I need - Slot Machine, Rocket and Magna-Flip. I'm not sure what the quality will be like, but anything is better than nothing.

Matthew

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
Thats good mate, I haven't seen anyone doing repros for TZs for a long time

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »
Thats good mate, I haven't seen anyone doing repros for TZs for a long time

I'll let you know what I think of the repro plastics when they arrive, if you are interested.

Matthew

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 03:14:26 PM »
Thanks Matt, I dont need any but its always good to have a spare set

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
Here is an updated photo of the playfield:

Things done since I bought the machine:

- Gumballs added to Gumball machine
- New Powerball installed
- New Slot Machine plastic installed
- New Magna-Flip plastic installed
- New Rocket plastic installed
- Piano accessory installed
- Protector plastics installed under Slingshot, Rocket, Slot Machine and Clock plastics
- Protector plastics installed over ramps
- Colour-changing LED installed in '?" insert
- Home ROM 9.4H installed

Still have some Cliffy protectors to install, and I will add some more mods in the future.

Matthew

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:33 AM »
Looking good mate. You'll need some nice custom scorecards ^^^ Also the top right flipper needs to be adjusted. Keep it up. Will be a beauty when you're done.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »
Looking good mate. You'll need some nice custom scorecards ^^^ Also the top right flipper needs to be adjusted. Keep it up. Will be a beauty when you're done.

I have asked Wotto if he can make up some Instruction Cards for me. As for the top RHS flipper, I know it needs adjusting but I have no idea how to do that. I have also noticed that the ball hits the flipper when it is kicked out by the Rocket Kicker, I am hoping if I can adjust the flipper that this problem will disappear.

Matthew

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »
You kids don't pay attention anymore.?!
Here is a link to an album containing the perfect, best TZ instruction cards you'll ever find. I know there will never be none better because I made them myself. &&

Just joshing, but feel free to use them if you like 'em.
Photobucket album

A glimpse:
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

I have asked Wotto if he can make up some Instruction Cards for me. As for the top RHS flipper, I know it needs adjusting but I have no idea how to do that. I have also noticed that the ball hits the flipper when it is kicked out by the Rocket Kicker, I am hoping if I can adjust the flipper that this problem will disappear.

Matthew

Underneath the playfield there is a screw that tightens the collar that grips the flipper shaft. You need to loosen that off, get the flipper in place, and then tighten up the screw again.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »
Underneath the playfield there is a screw that tightens the collar that grips the flipper shaft. You need to loosen that off, get the flipper in place, and then tighten up the screw again.

REAL tight!

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »

REAL tight!
So bloody tight it bends the screw and you think it's going to snap or some personal damge might follow along with a few expletives. %$%