Author Topic: Homepin now shipping LICENCED Hankin cocktail tables!!  (Read 49564 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
4 per table.... 1243 made.

Have you got Bretts calculator?

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Looks good Mike - I was going to say put the "Homepin" logo on top of the buttons, and the "Service Credit" and "Test" under the respective buttons as there is more room.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

Looks good Mike - I was going to say put the "Homepin" logo on top of the buttons, and the "Service Credit" and "Test" under the respective buttons as there is more room.

The panel will be folded where you see the semicircle each side so there isn't as much room as you might think. This panel screws to the inside floor of the table so words underneath the buttons won't be as easy to see. The logo will probably not be visable unless you are laying on the floor?

Also the ink type required for stainless steel is different to that used for plastic so that makes screening the buttons a little more complex although I do have a foil printing machine - we could foil print them I suppose???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
This is what 100 coin counters look like in the packing from the factory:

....and starting to strip 100 power supplies for the Homepin rebuild to make them more reliable and safer - well, 99, one was squashed in transit...:

Offline badgap64

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Awesome

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
The glass clips are back from the powder coaters so today we are fitting the die cut foam pieces to them - tedious but it has to be done:

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
It is a dirty job, but someone's got to do it  ()

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
This mornings job was to set up the screen print and do a test print on the sample stainless steel power supply case. I already have a list of 12 things that need changing in the laser cutting file for this part but I wanted to make sure the legends all fitted where intended.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:48:03 PM by Homepin »

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Looks like this will be a quality piece of equipment when finished!  ^^^ I just hope the market will recognises this. The more I read about it the more I want one. Don't know much about table tops except for smashing out a few games of Galaga (love that game). What game/s will come with the machine or do you buy games to put in it?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Looks like this will be a quality piece of equipment when finished!  ^^^ I just hope the market will recognises this. The more I read about it the more I want one. Don't know much about table tops except for smashing out a few games of Galaga (love that game). What game/s will come with the machine or do you buy games to put in it?

These will certainly be FAR better built than any other Chinese import machines and will comply with all Australian laws (unlike the others) including the laws on "glass used in furniture" that the others seem to ignore. They will sell for only about $200 more than the others but will have a list of features that easily justifies the small extra cost.

It will be supplied with a 60in1 board (which includes Galaga  %.%) but we are beefing up the wiring harness and also using a 16A power supply so pretty well any vertical PCB with a JAMMA connector can be plugged straight in.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I love the connector pin out assignments. So easy to troubleshoot in the future. That the bonus of having the design done by a professional  ^^^

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
I'm sure it will be fully JAMMA compatible. It's just the screening on the power supply plate that has me a little worried, will it also output -5V ?  Not many boards need it, but some do, it would be shame if it wasn't present.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I'm sure it will be fully JAMMA compatible. It's just the screening on the power supply plate that has me a little worried, will it also output -5V ?  Not many boards need it, but some do, it would be shame if it wasn't present.

A good point. I know the old Scramble platform needed -5V for the sound.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I chose not to include -5V as there are only a handful of older dedicated boards that need it. The change in power supply and extra wiring simply can't be justified for the three people who may want to use a board like this.

This product is primarily aimed at the end user who will simply plug it in and away you go!!! However I have made sure it is as "collector friendly" as possible as well within the constraints of the budget. To add -5V would have cost an extra $25 per machine and I felt the remote controlled undercab lighting (at the same cost) would be of greater benefit to the maximun number of users.

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
Is there a way to preorder a machine with the -5V option, with or without the under cab lighting? Or maybe a replacement powersupply that the end user can swap in to include this voltage? Definitely my preference, as I have a lot of older boards, I would like to be able to use them all if I was to buy one of your cabinets.