Author Topic: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
To my mind, there are alot of excellent games in that production list that are far better players than alot of the over-rated later models of B/W.
But everyone will have a different opinion. I just try to look at the positive things Stern have done, because no pinball company is perfect ofcourse.
Stern have done something no other pinball company could do, that is STAY OPEN and producing. A monumental effort.

Recent offerings like AC/DC and X Men are excellent. Many in the earlier years are great games as well. There are many great players in that list.
Inventive is a hard one to talk about, because inventive means moving parts, and moving parts/toys/features need servicing and cost more to maintain. These days, inventive usually covers better dot matrix annimations and better audio with better gameplay n code. A game doesnt have to have a million bells n whistles to be a great player. The PRO machines are great value for money and are usually bullet proof.

I am glad STERN has done what no other company could do. Produce 3 or so titles on average per year for 13 years running. There is something in that list for everyone to enjoy.

honestly they need to go back 20+ years to study a pinball machines innovation of the era, the machines that led to that boom in pinball of that era, they had less high tech equipment compared to today, but they were inventive enough to create fantastic games and designs for pinball. being inventive doesnt mean a few moving toys or big LED screens and all that, being inventive can be as simple as theme's and Layouts, doing tricky things with the ball that make you go WOW "how does that work". having the playfields more 3d with out the use of just plastic ramps and toys, bring back the marvel and wonder of Pinball in their design.
maybe technology has blinded Stern or even JJP, about needing things like toys and Lcd, Fancy DMD or really complex rules?. I dont know
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:16:47 PM by Olivia_jason »