Author Topic: ONE ARMED BANDIT IDENTIFICATION  (Read 302 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
ONE ARMED BANDIT IDENTIFICATION
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »
Anyone know a web site where i can search for a one armed bandit info????   I have a photo to go of only and its not a very good one

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: ONE ARMED BANDIT IDENTIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
Went through this myself mate... if its an Aussie made bandit then there is little or no information at all.
Plenty of books out there regarding classic American ones... you know the country of maufature??

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
Na mate only a crappy photo that i had to brighten up to see

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »
have a look at this website. i have a few one armed bandits myself and some of the ones i have appear in this website.
note- most poker machines (60's to late 1970's are from the U.K.) later stuff from the USA.
send me a photo and i will help with my contacts. I recently put a large security system into a business who has been restoring/selling pokies for the last 40 years. he will know it i am sure. regards, brett

http://www.pennybandit.co.uk/10.html
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »

note- most poker machines (60's to late 1970's are from the U.K.) later stuff from the USA.

Weren't Aristocrat and Jubilee (Nutt & Muddle) made in Australia and exported?.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
Yeh, i was under the impression the Nut and Muddle were manufactured here in Aus

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »
i am told that aristocrat and jubilee's parent co is UK based and has been around since the turn of the century.

i looked up the patents on my 1964 and 65 jubilee one armed bandits and they belong to the UK company. I think they were manufactured up to a point in the UK and some later stuff (1968 onwards) was made/assembled here. Even the name Nutt and Muddle sounds pommy.?

Interestingly, the 5 and 10 center machines are very collectable, and real hard to find in great condition.
The only mechanical spring loaded jubilee model i have found/seen manufactured in Australia, was done under licence and built in Kings Cross, Sydney of all places. But it was only the outer cabinets, not the entire internal housings.I think u will find that the internal workings of most aristocrat and Jubilee pokies are UK made. My 1964 and 1965 models are.

that website i posted has some real nice resto's done on there. Beautiful colours. Pokies are fun to collect, just hide them when the boys in blue come over for a drink !

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 02:46:34 AM »
Ive found out tonight that the machine is a 2c Machine and its full of 2c coins but he has lost the key  %.%  If i get it im going to have to follow Angelo (Slammers) example and paint it Candy apple red  ^^^

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:31:40 AM »
i am told that aristocrat and jubilee's parent co is UK based and has been around since the turn of the century.

i looked up the patents on my 1964 and 65 jubilee one armed bandits and they belong to the UK company. I think they were manufactured up to a point in the UK and some later stuff (1968 onwards) was made/assembled here. Even the name Nutt and Muddle sounds pommy.?

Interestingly, the 5 and 10 center machines are very collectable, and real hard to find in great condition.
The only mechanical spring loaded jubilee model i have found/seen manufactured in Australia, was done under licence and built in Kings Cross, Sydney of all places. But it was only the outer cabinets, not the entire internal housings.I think u will find that the internal workings of most aristocrat and Jubilee pokies are UK made. My 1964 and 1965 models are.

that website i posted has some real nice resto's done on there. Beautiful colours. Pokies are fun to collect, just hide them when the boys in blue come over for a drink !

Interesting!.  Thanks for that.

You wouldn't think the coppers would be interested in mechanical bandits.  Perhaps the video ones.  Dunno.