Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Williams Blackout Pinball Project

<< < (3/11) > >>

pinoffski:
To give some info on how i acquired this pinball..

I had a blackout pinball lined up and unfortunately it was withdrawn from sale .
As i am on the road for most of the year i allways ask everyone about pinball's.

For a year or more i have been looking for one .

My work mates and i dropped in to a pinball dealer to have a look at some games
and i asked the owner have you got a blackout pinball and he said yes i was shocked ..

He gave me a price and i said i would think about it.
So the next week i was down in the area i had a better look at it and after a lot of negotiation we worked out a price .

I was going to buy it as i had already purchased a backglass a i thought the other one was coming.

pinoffski:
Purchased parts and a Manuel as there is no download for one ..

Will scan Manuel if you haven't got one Nino  @Strangeways

pinoffski:
Just a small update ..
Finally removed the glue from the playfield .
Was just using Isocol and flour and it was taking hours

I got some De-Solv-it and with flour and using a old credit card the glue was easier removed

pinoffski:
After removing the mylar i noticed that most of the inserts were loose

They have cupping and will have to flatten them .

I am unsure on how to do this ?

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: pinoffski on December 23, 2017, 07:39:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Strangeways on December 22, 2017, 10:17:49 PM ---An interesting project that will keep you busy for quite some time. A rare title, which I'm lucky enough to have in my collection. If you need photos to create stencils, just let me know. My cabinet is very good, just needs a new backglass.

The key to this project is to not become overwhelmed. Work on different stages over time. Even if it become difficult, walk away and return to the game another day. The end product is a rare and interesting title.

--- End quote ---

Thank Mate ,
I do chop and change from project to project and unfortunately i have projects that are in pieces ..
But i have sourced the parts that are needed so there is no real rush to complete them atm.

I really want to get this one done as it is different need to get it finished  before April as i need to have it in the line up for the comp..
everyone has played a Gorgar , Flash and Firepower .

I have removed paint from blackout cabinet..

I think i got lucky as artwork has good colour

--- End quote ---

You could just wax and buff the cabinet and it will look great !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version