Author Topic: Donkey Kong World Record  (Read 237 times)

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Donkey Kong World Record
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »
For those that missed it, ABC had a fantastic doco on the world of video game world records. Follows the 2 guys who have been dueling over the Donkey Kong record for the last 30 years.
It's almost sad to watch the effect of compulsive gaming on the families of these guys, and what it all means to them, but I'd like to have their skill levels.
I recommend watching it - it's on ABC iView under Documentaries - the Kings of Kong - A fistfull of quaters.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Donkey Kong World Record
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
I recorded it but haven't had time to watch yet, sounds interesting

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
Hi  <..>

That movie has been around a long time and is an absolute classic.
Even my Mrs ( who isnt into pinball arcade at all ) watched it and LOVED the movie ( she hated one certain - insert name here  - by the end of it )

You should track down Chasing Ghosts as well - it is not like K of K - BUT it does follow the lives of a lot of the guys from K of K and they are some REAL strange dudes in some cases - they get them all back together and re-shoot the same photo they all took as kids outside of Twin Galaxies
Check that out  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
Found it on youtube, thanks. Will watch it tonight

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »
I stumbled across this dodo a couple of years ago also. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet and as for the follow up, Chasing Ghosts. I havent seen it so I'll have to check that one out to. I thought some of the guys in K of K were fairly intense individuals so if you reckon there even stranger in this one Wotto, then it should be pretty entertaining.