Author Topic: Charlies Angels Restoration  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Re: Charlies Angels Restoration
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 11:07:16 PM »
Update!

Now that the playfield is spot on and all the electronic issues taken care of I have started on the backglass.
The worst areas are the translucent paint on Cheryl Ladd's hair which has cracked, the main Charlie's Angels logo between score 1 and 2 and the Shoot Again at the top which is badly destroyed. The rest is just opaque patches that need careful colour matching. Lucky the mirror reflective pieces have not been damaged.

Cheryl's hair is a mess that I don't even think Pantene would fix but it is contained to the hair area only so I made a cutout from thin cardboard in the shape of the hair and placed it behind which now disguises it and doesn't draw the eye to the bad area. It's a reasonable temporary fix at the very least.

As for the Charlies main logo I have currently removed the light bulbs but plan on scraping out the orange paint in the letters and then airbrush over it.

The Shoot Again text is an issue so the best thing to do that I can think of is maybe scrape away the remainder then print a waterslide decal, apply it and then carefully paint the opaque area back in around it.

Here are some before and after pics of the block on Cheryl's hair.

Cheers: Brettski... :)