Author Topic: Pin 2000 UPDATE PRISM BOARD  (Read 463 times)

Offline Private Gimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
Re: Pin 2000 UPDATE PRISM BOARD
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:47:21 AM »
Thanks Brett for the very kind words.
RFM is an awesome piece of machinery and to me adds that something special to my collection. I love locating the parts and learning heaps more about it as I go.

Iam a bit jealous of the line up you have, a pinheads dream I think. The only DMD I have is TZ. Next time I am down in Melbourne I'll certainly look you up and bring the camera.

I have a bit more to explain on the PUB card.
Its actually an 8 bit ISA card, not a PCI as I first though but makes the upgrading of the software this way much more difficult in respect to the PC needed.
You need a 486 (or better) PC with an 8 bit ISA slot in which to install the PUB card and using the PUB updater software to 'flash' or 'copy' the new version pin2000 software on (the software you intend to upload and transfer to your RFM or SWE1).
Then plug the 'flashed' PUB card it into you RFM/SWE1 motherboard ISA slot and upload the new software. The PUB card essentially becomes the software carrier and copies the new software to the flash rom on the Prism board. It can be used to update both pin2000 models respectively as long as you perform the 'flashing' to the particular software revision you want for RFM and SWE1, in this way the PUB can be used for any verison of software and both pin2000 models.

regards,
Cliff