Author Topic: Can anyone help me get my gottleib Jungle princess running  (Read 1014 times)

Offline DC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Can anyone help me get my gottleib Jungle princess running
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
I have done everything that I thought I was supposed too. I have cleaned every contact, made sure everything was moving, I even was playing it once but the score motor kept running so I thought I should turn it off and just clean up a couple more contacts and I have never been able to play it since. When I turn it on all the lights come on and scores reset but will not eject ball and commence game. Flippers do not work, no chimes, no scoring, no pop bumpers or bumpers work. Can any one help me please. By the way this is my first time using this site so please forgive me until I become accustomed.    ^&^

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
 %)% to Aussie Pinball, I sure wish I could help but i'm not sure what it might be, What happens when you press start button? Does the start button work (use multimeter)
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
After cleaning contacts I use metho and a toothbrush to remove any remaining dirt. Be very careful to make sure that all the metho dries thoroughly otherwise you can set the machine on fire.

You need to make sure that every contact is correctly adjusted.

Try starting a game with the playfield up and looking inside the cabinet, best if it's a little dark too.  Look for any obvious sparks or arching between contacts, that will indicate an incorrectly adjusted contact.

Good luck.

Post your location someone might be nearby to assist you if required later.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:29:23 PM by humpalot »

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Try to follow through the startup sequence here. http://www.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0449.html

If your score reels are resetting then maybe start there.

And welcome to the forum. %)%

If your up to it, post a quick intro here - http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:26:35 AM by Steevsee »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Welcome to Aussie pinball I have a jungle princess so when I get a little more blood in the Johhny walker system I hope I can help you out.   Double check that all your stepper units and score reels are making it to the start position.   Check out the one on one section I've made up threads on Joe tonrebuild each unit.

Online Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

$.$ DC and  %)% to AP !

Sometimes the score motor gets "confused". With the machine off, manually move it around a rotation and then switch the game on. If that does not work, check the Ball count unit. That should reset to zero then advance to ball 1. Other things to check would be the player unit. These can be troublesome on Gottliebs.

I have a feeling you are nearly there.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
What's your location DC?
You may be near a member who might be able to
give you a hand.
Cheers
Dave

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
 $.$ DC, I don't have schematics for JP, however going off other EM machines, power needs to go to all units you mention thru contacts on the 'AX' (Reset control relay) and the 'Q' (Game over relay) give these a check. The main wire colour which feeds power to all these units will possibly be 'Red with a white tracer' which comes off the '10 amp playfield' fuse, thru the 'bounce switch' on the base board . See how you go!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
+1 for checking the score motor is at the home position before you try and start a game.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Have you been cleaning the relays oldpins mentioned ?
If so,these are very delicate & it does not take much to pop out a contact blade that is inserted into the relay armature plastic insulator arm (Refer pict)
Also be carefull of letting the score motor running to long - It will get hot & burn out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:10:19 PM by millsy »
pinballaustralia.com

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Welcome to Aussie pinball I have a jungle princess so when I get a little more blood in the Johhny walker system I hope I can help you out.   Double check that all your stepper units and score reels are making it to the start position.   Check out the one on one section I've made up threads on Joe tonrebuild each unit.

should read "threads on how to rebuild each unit" you fat fingered iphone user.lol.

in topic pinball 101
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
darren,after our phone call i have been thinking.does the ball 1 light light up after the score reels reset to all zero's?if not,check the zero home positions on all player reels.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline DC

• Forum Posts:
Thanks for all the help so far, one of the last things I did a few months ago was to  remove the score reels from position, fully clean off any lubrication I had applied after I found out this was a no no. Cleaned and checked all of the contacts, the day I did this I was convinced I was going to turn it on, start up and play. No dice. That doesn't mean I am not going to do it again this week. So as soon as I have done them all again I will post the resuls.

And to Studley67, no there is no ball in play light, tilt light is off.

I had a thought that possibly everything is working and contacting but maybe a pull in relay is not working, could this be an option?

If so, how do I test each one, do I have to remove the wires? Are they all the same voltage? And what should I use as a power supply?

Sorry in advance if I say something stupid!!!

Thanks again everybody.

Offline DC

• Forum Posts:
Hi again all

I just checked all the score reels, cleaned them again. Still a fizzzzer. Anyone know what is next.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Can you jot down exactly what happens(in sequence) when you start the machine. eg 1)reels reset,2)player 1 lights up,ball launches,etc.
Are you starting by pushing the start button or manually activating the start relay?
pinballaustralia.com