Author Topic: Sad condition Gorgar  (Read 834 times)

Offline bsa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sad condition Gorgar
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:36 PM »
Yep loving it cant wait to get some wax on.
When you say paste wax should this be automotive like turtle or furniture restorer wax.
I have looked over the underside of the board, wiring appears sound, removed drop targets took apart and cleaned. Looking at the earth wire i think i will clean up some areas  as i know from experience with bikes and cars this can cause many headaches.
Any suggestion on the lamp cover placement and transfer, saw a thread here that uses matchsticks to keep them flush great idea. Thanks Mark
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:32:00 AM by bsa »

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »
I was unhappy with the quality of the lamp transfers so i decided to try and save as many original as possible with as little sanding as possible then polishing with novus three. Unfortunately there were a few that were so cupped that i had to use the transfer the photo shows the top 3 with transfers and (yes the B did cause trouble).  I trimmed the transfers to fit then set them flush to the pf nice and smooth, i will now touch up the black ring. I used the match technique but used blue tac instead of silicone. I was surprised how long it took to get these cleaned, flat and polished. Cheers Mark.
PS enjoying everyone else's threads.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
Yep loving it cant wait to get some wax on.
When you say paste wax should this be automotive like turtle or furniture restorer wax.

I use Mothers pure caunauba wax, it is a hard block but softens as you rub it onto a cloth you then apply and it dries hard to a haze again then you buff.  Expensive but lasts a very long time

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
Im glad i tried to save as many lamp inserts original, as after setting some in place i quickly wiped over with shelite and hay presto the ink wiped off so if anyone has a 5000 W/L cover they could sell please let me know. Dropped boards and display off at Beaky (Andrews) today, nice guy sounds confident all can be repaired.
Cheers mark

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
Things have been happening however  i would more call it a sympathetic repair than a restoration. Awaiting the rebuilt boards and the repairer (a big job) to see if the cabinet and head marry up, heres hoping.
Just some early shots to show you where i started. More recent shots after Beaky's been. Cheers Mark

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »
some more