Author Topic: GILLIGANS PURCHASE & CLEAN UP/RESTO  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GILLIGANS PURCHASE & CLEAN UP/RESTO
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »
Update.

Thought I would add some photos.

Playfield 3/4 stripped on top.
Underneath playfield after everything cleaned.
Ramp in the bath, and filthy.

As u can see, the ramp was filthy. The under playfield ramp was the same. Both have come up like brand new. The bath didnt do much at all really. The new tub of "Gumption" with a new rag did a great job. A cleaning tip i can pass on, is that I can highly reccommend "Gumption" to clean ramps. It removes stuff in seconds that no other cleaner could remove.

I am enjoying doing all the work on the rotisserie. It makes access to the top or bottom of the playfield a breeze.

I have replaced every bulb on the Under side of the playfield. I now have to finish off the last 20 percent stripping of the top playfield and will regrain all the metal parts before getting out the treasure cove polishing kit.

Its alot of work doing the resto/clean ups, but an hour each day, keeps the boredom away !

Another tip i wanted to share, is keep looking at all the sellers who list LED's for sale. I have, for example, purchased LED's from cointaker or Mark or who-ever has them on special from time to time. If u buy some here and there, and always wait for the Led's to come on special, u can build up a small army of LED bags, containing dozens and dozens of every different LEd that u may use of every colour known to man, and if they come at 30 to 70 percent off normal pricing, u have grabbed yourself some LED bargains.

I am going to flame polish the top Gilligans ramp, regrain the metal runners, and will take some more photos when I have finished the next stage.

I am waiting on a decent order of parts incl flipper kit, some new roll over switches, and some other bits n pieces top make the machine like new again.
Thanks for reading. Photos below.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:38:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !