Author Topic: GILLIGANS PURCHASE & CLEAN UP/RESTO  (Read 1650 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: GILLIGANS PURCHASE & CLEAN UP/RESTO
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
Beat me to it Nino

Looking good Brett interesting looking game with a very bright playfield keep up the good work

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GILLIGANS PURCHASE & CLEAN UP/RESTO
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
Gilligans teardown n resto is finished.  ^^^ The pinball rotisserie is empty. The playfield is back in the machine. The improvement is 1 million percent with all the work done.

What i did >

Playfield stripped n playfield polished n waxed.
Every part cleaned to like new. Nothing had to be replaced, just cleaned.
All metal work re-finished. All ramps cleaned to nice n clear.
All brand new black rubbers n cliffy rubbers replaced. New yellow flipper bats and black rubbers added.
Every bulb replaced, including changing every insert bulb to a coloured LED that matchs the playfield insert colour. (This looks bloody T'Riffic) What a difference here !
Backbox board holding all G.I lights cleaned back to a nice white colour.
Translite and translite glass cleaned.
Wiring harness cleaned and underneath of playfield fully cleaned.
Cabinet vacuumed and legs cleaned.

Overall, a very satisfying result. To anyone out there considering doing a full teardown and shop job, give it a go. In the past, most of my machines have never needed this because I bought them mostly done, not needing it, but Gilligans was dirty and had never had a shopping since it was new back in 1990. 21 yrs of use and grime and the game needed shopping for sure. I took a million photos, and away I went.

If I can do it, anyone can. It was fun. A hour or two a day over a few weeks paid off. I will add a video tomorrow night because the end result is amazing. I cant wait for Andy(Beaky) or Leon(V8racefan) to come over n see the difference. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:10:27 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !