Author Topic: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!  (Read 19865 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
How much do you pay your regular assembly line staff mike? how much is the girl on the assembly line being paid per hour in Aussie dollars mate?

I will answer this even though it is none of your business.

The award wage for a "general assembly hand" is 2350rmb per month for a 20 day month. Sundays and after hours (after 5.30pm weekdays) are classed as "overtime" and must be paid at 1.5 times the pay rate for weekdays and double time Sundays.

The LOWEST paid staff member in my factory works 6 days - 8am to 5.30pm with 1.5 hours for lunch daily. They are provided a shared dormitory with maximum 3 per unit and I provide a bed. I also provide a "common room"  which has a refrigerator, washing machine, large communal table and cooking gear in a fitted out kitchen.

This person is paid 2900rmb and gets all of the extras above. I also just paid for them to have their teeth fixed as they are from the countryside and didn't place a great deal of importance on having good teeth so after discussions it turned out they simply didn't want to spend the money (not that they didn't have the money - they just didn't want to spend it on a dentist).

They are also given training on the workshop equipment such as MIG welder, lathe, Folding machine and other things - training that NO OTHER Chinese factory would give them.

I pride myself in looking after ALL of my staff and giving them conditions far better than they would get anywhere else.

For an exercise I just averaged all my staff wages and the average is 4680rmb (about AU$975 per month) - that is BRILLIANT money when you remember they have no other costs except food.

They also have more Government mandated public holidays than we do in Australia!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals