Author Topic: Any FORD owners on here ?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Re: Any FORD owners on here ?
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
My daily driver for around 10 years was a 1995 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe.

I loved that car, and it had around 200k on it when I sold it last year. Bought it around 91k.

Relatively sporty, parts for the most part were still readily available, but with 3 kids, I really needed a 4 door. In its time with me, I put 3 sets of tires, 3 batteries, 3 radiators in it, along with a few other replacement parts along the way. When I sold it, it was pretty much stock. The main reason I sold it was it was one of the first cars Ford used 3 stage paint on, and it needed a repaint. For less than it'd cost to repaint it, I could've bought a nice low mile car with a 5 speed, all options, good paint, and that everything wasn't worn out on. 95 was the last year for the supercoupe, with around 5000 automatics made, and 500 5-speed cars.

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 sport ute that is our spare vehicle. It has 180k on it, and is completely stock. It was my wife's car, until we bought her a newer car last year. Now, it's a spare vehicle and I've got a pile of parts to go on it this year as it's still on its original plugs and wires.

My wife's new vehicle is a 2010 Flex. She's wanted one for a couple years now, and we finally found one we could afford with the color/options she wanted. It's got right at 60k on it now, and all I've done is put gas in it and change the oil. Hopefully we have a couple years of operation before it really *needs* anything. 3rd row is real nice with kids!