Author Topic: Random reset on LAH (fixed!)  (Read 7780 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Random reset on LAH
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »

Looks to me like the IDC connector has been butchered and another wire (yellow) has been used in its place. It might look ugly, but it looks like it was a "running repair"..

I don't see the "loose" wire - looks to be three wires soldered, and a diode in circuit.

I'd be looking at the circuit to see if the Spinner diode is wired correctly. I know you replaced it, but it might have been around the wrong way to start with ?

Thanks Nino,

Sorry the middle terminal (white wire) is just hanging down to no where...It looks like it has been connected at some stage but NFI where......

I've gone over everything again (ie I now totally agree re the fugly repair)...I will try to locate the spinner on the schematics and double check....My head is starting to hurt a little now...

The other thing is that it may be a feature that just has not been noticed - ie when the spinner switch is activated these do too?

From looking at the switch matrix, the one thing in common is the Grn/Gry wire (column) whereby it has scoop spinner, left & right flipper... The left & right flipper share the same rows as trough 7 and shooter lane?  Is it possible that the flipper board is playing funny buggers?  I have had intermittent issues with it previously and I was considering giving it the boot and getting a rottendog / pinled replacement...I'm just thinking back to the whole ripper issue being related to the magnet pcb?? (just shooting from the hip again)...

Off to check diode orentation....