Author Topic: Random reset on LAH (fixed!)  (Read 7780 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Random reset on LAH
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 09:59:02 PM »

Your problem looks to be a switch matrix issue...You may need to check all the switches in the same row as the flippers and spinner.. That wire "floating around" is not right... you will need to find out what purpose in life this has...

I have manually checked every single switch in diagnostics and 1 through to 64 works (ie displays correct switch when pressed)...

The column with flippers & spinners - Q48 GRN-GRY (CN8-9)...Each switch also works but I will check wiring as best as I can...

The diode (if I'm reading schematics correctly) the non-banded side goes to WHT-ORN for spinner switch.  If this is correct I will check others too...

The smart missile button does NOT have a diode - so if again I'm reading schematics correctly it should have (non-banded side to WHT-BLU)?

My head is starting to hurt with all of this.  I agree with you 100% Nino (as if I wouldn't!) as it is a switch matrix issue.  Hopefully its not the CPU...

From reading Clay's guide to such issues, I'm not sure how to isolate which switches are bad.....I believe it is the scoop spinner which is causing the phantom activations...but I can't understand how to work out the other switches I need to look at within the "corners of the square"....I will need to elimate all of these before I look at the CPU...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:29:06 PM by MartyJ »