Author Topic: TRON has arrived in Sydney/Australia  (Read 13851 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: TRON has arrived in Sydney/Australia
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
Cursed, I don't think your dog is impressed

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
Michael which ramp protector is missing? Left hand ramp on left hand side? That's the one that requires us drilling a hole.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »
Michael(Cursed) the photos are excellent...

Question - did u get $$ the chrome siderails n lockdown bar, the LE apron, the ramp protectors. under playfield metal slide rails all done and fitted by your Australian AMD agent or did they get that stuff fitted by Stern USA ?

Was it expensive..?  I am imagining those underplayfield slide rails are $100 a set or more > and the chrome stuff an extra few hundred plus the LE apron ?....plus plus, or was it just a package deal....?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2012, 12:22:03 AM »
Chrome work looks really great.

Fits this machine well.

Well done.  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »

Fits this machine well.

Well done.  ^^^

Agreed it looks great.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »

Hey Michael - NOTHING can wipe that smile off your face. Great to see that pinball can still invoke this kind of response - that's what it is all about !

Thanks for sharing the pictures  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »

Fits this machine well.

Well done.  ^^^

It sure does, chrome should be an option when buiyng a new Stern.
I am a bit over the powdercoating.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
Cursed, I don't think your dog is impressed

No she (minx) does not like it when things take away attention from her. She is a Lab after all.  :lol

Michael which ramp protector is missing? Left hand ramp on left hand side? That's the one that requires us drilling a hole.

Peter

No i am lucky, the only one i dont have is the right ramp on the left hand side. My left ramp has both done and the screw is already there! Bonus!

Michael(Cursed) the photos are excellent...

Question - did u get $$ the chrome siderails n lockdown bar, the LE apron, the ramp protectors. under playfield metal slide rails all done and fitted by your Australian AMD agent or did they get that stuff fitted by Stern USA ?

Was it expensive..?  I am imagining those underplayfield slide rails are $100 a set or more > and the chrome stuff an extra few hundred plus the LE apron ?....plus plus, or was it just a package deal....?

Thanks mate,  the chrome siderails and lockdown bar, the LE apron, and under playfield metal slide rails were purchased and fitted by AMD. I actually wanted to fit the parts myself but they advised that the apron was not a straight swapover and that the lockdown bar had to have a new locking mech installed as the lockdown bar uses the lever type lock. (which im happy about as it is the same as my Bally/Williams machines now) so they were really uncomfortable with me doing it so i let them install it all.

Not as much as i thought it would be to be honest, Under playfield supports were $66, apron was $103 and the chrome set was a touch over $300. All the parts were requested by me and it was just a straight purchase of parts. Was not linked to the purchase of the machine.

The ramp protectors is a mystery? I have no idea why mine has them, and from what i can tell out of 4 of the 6 that came to Aus mine is the only one.

Same with the decals on the 3 bank drop mech in front of the spinning disc, mine has black and orange decals on it and i dont know why? None of the ones that came to Aus have them and i just had a thorough look on pinside and i could not see any other Trons with them........Weird, I am not complaining though, far from it.... %$%

Fits this machine well.

Well done.  ^^^

Thanks for the comments guys. Really happy with my decision to get the chrome parts.

I didn't want to over do it so i am going to leave the legs and backbox hinges black as i think it looks better that way. I have seen some LE's and i think all chrome is too much.

It sure does, chrome should be an option when buiyng a new Stern.
I am a bit over the powdercoating.

Funnily enough when i asked to order the chrome i was advised that Stern may not send the parts as they don't like people making the machines look like a LE! Obviously they did send them but i thought it was interesting.

Hey Michael - NOTHING can wipe that smile off your face. Great to see that pinball can still invoke this kind of response - that's what it is all about !

Thanks for sharing the pictures  ^^^

Haha, I didn't realise how much i was smiling until i saw the photos.  :lol

Will never forget that night and the experience of opening my first NIB machine. As they say......It was priceless!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:41:06 PM by Cursed »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
congrats cursed, some black mirrors going into this one? That is a sweet looking machine  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »
congrats cursed, some black mirrors going into this one? That is a sweet looking machine  ^^^

Thanks mate, I still have one of your silver sets as well so i am going to try both and see what looks better. In saying that i am pretty confident that black will really suit it.

Plus i fully intend to add a few mods to it so hopefully it will look alot sweeter soon.  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
I will be buying the under playfield slide rails for my ACDC and X Men, and will self fit to Avengers as well. Just a cheap worthwhile option at only $66 a set...less than $200 for 3 machines...bargain...

I know John Borg (game designer of TRON) told me he was personally having a TRON made for him out of this small run cause he missed out last time and didnt get one for his personal collection...maybe they blinged this one up with different target art n ramp protectors etc, b nicked it from the production line cause they could.lol   Will have to ask Borgy if he ended up qwith his Tron 2 or did someone send it downunder when he wasnt watching.lol  %.%

The Trons look great...plenty of mods around for them, not that they really need it if u want to keep it stock as a rock...but a nice looking pinny for sure...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:49:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »
Congratulations, obviously a great NIB experience!

Offline Dazzat

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
No word on price? Very interested to buy one myself brand new... Please tell  $#$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »
They were advertised at $6600. Base machine is $6200, then add delivery n shaker motor at apx $200 each, gets u to $6600 delivered to most states.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »
Been playing around with some LEDs only GI's but have ordered more from Greg/RTBB

Peter