Author Topic: TRON has arrived in Sydney/Australia  (Read 13854 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: TRON has arrived in Sydney/Australia
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2013, 12:11:05 AM »
Looks great...I like the 2nd one with the helmetted person in the middle that the guys got on their 2nd edition Trons more.(Gorgar n Cursed etc)

I'm with you Brett, I like the 2nd version best (and im not just saying that). I do like the 3D just not how blurry it is, and i find that one a little cheesy to be honest. While i have no problem looking at girls (no really i don't) they were not the focus of the movie. Kevin, Sam and Clu were. In saying that i am a big fan of the movie so that would explain my motives i guess.

The fact i own the 2nd one has nothing to do with it..... #@# No really...... *)*

Nice trans gotta love chicks on the translite :-) wonder if you can buy it separate.

Peter

Group buy Pete? Would love to have each version and hang the ones not being used on the wall.......hmmm.

Finally got portal "today" but drained 20 seconds into it :(  so no super jackpot.  

Peter

Great work getting to portal Pete.  #*#

Had to laugh (well, not really) I had a game where i actually had the first 5 lights solidly lit when i started Sea of Simulation, i think i got like 20 million bonus all up for having all 5 in a row lit, then just as the ball shot out of the eject i timed it wrong it bounced off my flipper went nice and slow right down the middle on my last ball!!  ^&^ Best position i had been in ever on SoS only to drain before it even begun.  :lol

I still think the original release with the 3D translite is the best.

I agree, though maybe I am just biased as it is the one I managed to get..  %.%

Booooo..... :lol Just kidding. You enjoying the game?

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »
I'm with you Brett, I like the 2nd version best (and im not just saying that). I do like the 3D just not how blurry it is, and i find that one a little cheesy to be honest. While i have no problem looking at girls (no really i don't) they were not the focus of the movie. Kevin, Sam and Clu were. In saying that i am a big fan of the movie so that would explain my motives i guess.

The fact i own the 2nd one has nothing to do with it..... #@# No really...... *)*

I own the movie in 3d so maybe the 3d background makes sense... lol..

You enjoying the game?

My wife certainly is, she is claiming ownership of it on facebook.. LOL

I like it but am finding it drains easily, ether bouncing straight into the outer side lanes or shooting straight down the middle. I am getting slowly better, I had the same problem with Bram Stokers Dracula at first and was getting terrible scores until I worked out the shots and then it was like a different game altogether.. Also still getting used to having the third flipper.. Been so busy changing LEDs playing with mods etc that I have only had maybe a dozen games so far, need to stop working eats into all my leisure time...

Will have more time over the weekend, will be my first weekend with it..

Having trouble getting the lit up recognizer toy too, emailed Kimball them but never received any response..

Also found this pop number mod which I am considering, not a fan of the tops we currently have on them with the hole for the globe... mod crazy this game,...

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:45:08 AM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
here is a accessory for when you update your software on your tron

http://www.frys.com/product/7299573?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
What a game Tron is my son and myself had a blast today 3 hrs of fun money well spent!

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2013, 10:29:23 PM »
What a game Tron is my son and myself had a blast today 3 hrs of fun money well spent!

Peter

Which game do you enjoy more, BIB LE or Tron ? Can you compare the two ?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:40 PM »

Peter

Which game do you enjoy more, BIB LE or Tron ? Can you compare the two ?

Yeah very hard to compare, Trons so mode based and BIB LE is about scoring and theme and acdc playing loud :-) I'm so happy I chose these two cause they tick every box for my tastes.

Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:28 AM »
Ordered the pop bumper tops pictured above...

Also got the yellow light wire installed, will get the blue done this week, need to make an adapter run out of points to jack the mods in.. lol..  Not a big fan of having to use sticky tape to install the light wire but to install it like the LE ones I would have to drill holes and the cable ties don't look much better..

Played a lot more this weekend, actually gets pretty addictive, got my first sea of simulation too, but screwed up and drained almost right away..  @.@

My 5 year old son loves it, particularly the music..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:57:04 AM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
Ordered the pop bumper tops pictured above...

Also got the yellow light wire installed, will get the blue done this week, need to make an adapter run out of points to jack the mods in.. lol..  Not a big fan of having to use sticky tape to install the light wire but to install it like the LE ones I would have to drill holes and the cable ties don't look much better..

Played a lot more this weekend, actually gets pretty addictive, got my first sea of simulation too, but screwed up and drained almost right away..  @.@

My 5 year old son loves it, particularly the music..

Are they just the bumper caps? I like them could you please let me know where you got those.

Cheers Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:03 AM »
Are they just the bumper caps? I like them could you please let me know where you got those.

Cheers Peter

Bit overpriced but I guess it is unique.. LOL...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=534

Got my blue and yellow light wires done, look pretty good..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:01:36 AM by joele »
-----

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »

Cheers Peter

Bit overpriced but I guess it is unique.. LOL...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=534

Got my blue and yellow light wires done, look pretty good..

Thanks for the link I might get some :-) your ramps look great to not sure I'd have the guts to drill the ramps.

Peter

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »
I was iffy about drilling the ramps also, but I think the soldering iron idea sounds better. Is there a definitive light wire pack available yet?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
Ahh sorry that is not my ramps, that is a picture from the people selling the pop bumpers and that is a Tron LE..

I didn't drill the ramps I used little bits of sticky tape under the ramp lip to stick the light wires on, will put pictures up in the next few days... Mine are blue and yellow wires, one on each ramp, they don't change colour..

Using clear tape looks a bit shitty before you turn the machine on, once on everything lights up and you don't see it, I could clean it up a little, was thinking of drilling but the cable ties don't look any better than clear tape, maybe worse??

These are the ramp lights I bought...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stern-TRON-Pinball-Light-Wire-Mod-/221184449828?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item337f9edd24
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:49:25 AM by joele »
-----

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
Wow, Tron sure has plenty of mods available and they all look great.
Maybe we should have a Tron mod thread in the pinball mods section.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
I agree, even a basic list of where are the different parts come from with images, which will help heaps of others.

I just modified one of my thread names in the Stern Mods section, so guys feel free to share the types of mods, where you got them (web link) and a cost and that will help others.http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=9734.msg126265#msg126265
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:49:45 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
Today I fitted the Tron scoop led mod from hemi on pinside took me 20 mins and it looks great.

Peter