Author Topic: Indiana Jones - The Adventure Problem  (Read 335 times)

Offline turbo27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Indiana Jones - The Adventure Problem
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi, looking for advice/help with this odd problem.

Williams Indiana Jones The Adventure.

Set on free play, after starting a One player game, and not always on the first ball, additional players are appearing. Just as they would if you re-pressed the Start button.

I have removed and cleaned the start button (yes it was very dirty) and contacts seem positive. And I have also changed the batteries in the backboard (clutching at straws with that one!)

It doesn't do it every game and I cannot seem to see a pattern of when it does do it.

Another note that may be related, sometimes when one of the three drop targets is hit, I get a random activation of the left sling shot.

When the game plays normally, all lights switches etc appear to operate normally.

Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Trent

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Indiana Jones - The Adventure Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
Welcome to AP
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
Hi, looking for advice/help with this odd problem.

Williams Indiana Jones The Adventure.

Set on free play, after starting a One player game, and not always on the first ball, additional players are appearing. Just as they would if you re-pressed the Start button.

I have removed and cleaned the start button (yes it was very dirty) and contacts seem positive. And I have also changed the batteries in the backboard (clutching at straws with that one!)

It doesn't do it every game and I cannot seem to see a pattern of when it does do it.

Another note that may be related, sometimes when one of the three drop targets is hit, I get a random activation of the left sling shot.

When the game plays normally, all lights switches etc appear to operate normally.

Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Trent

Hi Trent,

%)%

Bit of a tricky one...Might be a problem with the switch matrix....

First off, I'd go into switch test mode and press the start button...See if any other activations pop up.

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
Update, found the right sling shot not working - cause broken armature. No spares so will replace.

Also it wasn't the 3 drop targets setting off the left sling shot, but the Oblong Stand up target (part 31on the upper playfield parts list), directly behind the 3 drop targets. When hit by the ball the left sling shot fires. Maybe this is normal  - not sure

Will fix the right sling shot and see if that makes any difference (have my doubts!)

Thanks MartyJ, got to go to work so will try your idea later. Cheers

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Update
Repaired sling shot, now working. As expected did not have any effect on other problem.

Tried going in test mode and switches but nothing seemed out of order.

Oblong target behind 3 drop targets still firing the left slight shot. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

At random time the machine addes extra players. I replaced the start switch and cleaned everything.

Have now had a few resets. Not a system restart reboot but during a game it suddenly clears your score and returns you to ball1. So I guess a brand new game is started.

I have been right through the backboard and checked and pushed every connector on all boards. Nothing jumped out as a problem.

It's got me. Can play 2 games without problem and then have 2 with problems.

Any thoughts . Maybe a loose wire or something earthing out?

Thanks in advance Trent

Offline flex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
Update
Repaired sling shot, now working. As expected did not have any effect on other problem.

Tried going in test mode and switches but nothing seemed out of order.

Oblong target behind 3 drop targets still firing the left slight shot. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

At random time the machine addes extra players. I replaced the start switch and cleaned everything.

Have now had a few resets. Not a system restart reboot but during a game it suddenly clears your score and returns you to ball1. So I guess a brand new game is started.

I have been right through the backboard and checked and pushed every connector on all boards. Nothing jumped out as a problem.

It's got me. Can play 2 games without problem and then have 2 with problems.

Any thoughts . Maybe a loose wire or something earthing out?

Thanks in advance Trent

Have you checked the wiring from the start switch to the board? I had this exact same thing happening on a BOP, totally random, and found that one of the wires going from the switch had become bare from vibration and was contacting something else, activating the switch.

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »
Thanks flex,

Yeah that is where I'm at now.

Have been chasing wires and checking connectors from the start switch to the cpu board.
Actually found 2 connectors in the wrong position on the board. Not sure how or why the machine ran. Changed them back to spec position and it made absolutely no change.

Tomorrow afternoons job is to try and track the 2 start switch wires from the start switch to board and look for any breaks or cuts in the wire.

I've tried gentle and rough playing techniques and neither result in any pattern of error - somewhat frustrating !!!! !*! ^.^

Thanks Trent