Author Topic: Issues with Fliptronic2 board  (Read 146 times)

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Issues with Fliptronic2 board
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »
Hey All,

Fixing a Fliptronics board for a Mates Machine that's Displaying some itheresting Traits.

Originally in His TZ he lost all flippers and Eos and had also blown the 8a F112 on the driver board for the 50V supply..

Not 100% sure this fuse was the correct rating it was gone by the time Id got involved, replacing fuse and turning machine on gave a 4 flipper instant lock on!!

out she Came and Installed another Fliptronics board into the machine,

its now working fine Solid with no problems . Diagnostic Test and Eos all good.

Onto the Faulty Fliptronics board...

So checked all the drive transistors on the board Tip36s-102s-pre drivers  all good, no blown fuses on the Fliptronics either..

Changed the two LM339s U4 and U6 (now socketed  ^^^) and installed in one of my known working Shed Pins (BSD)

Flippers hardly worked if at all, really weak and still no EOS, but Flipper Power and hold work in diagnostics which basically proves most of the board..

(gates on Bsd work on the spare two flipper outputs so able to test all 4 outputs......)

Ok Following Leons test guide the next most likely issue is U5,74HCT244.

Socketed and Replaced this IC next and reinstalled into machine for a test and Had Flipper control and Eos..For about 2 minutes..... ^.^

Ok Im guessing its popped the 74HCT244 again But Havent confirmed, don't want to keep throwing chips at it Any Ideas on this?

Peter..

Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
Re: Issues with Fliptronic2 board
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Had a thought just after posting this,

Coil diodes are on the board!! , &^&

thought I was onto something..

All test good on board unfortunately, including the ones that protect the switch side of things..

Breaking down under load?

Not much left on this board...one capacitor...resistors.

Resistors all seem consistant tested on board..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Hammerhead1550

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:30:03 AM »
Any luck, or further updates to the repair? I just picked up a Demolition Man, and a flipper coil, and popper coil, plus the ball eject coil were hanging loose by their wires, and not mounted like they are supposed to be. I took a look in the backbox, and the Fliptronics board was missing two tip36c transistors. I have never worked on one of these boards (have done a ton of CPU, and driver boards) and was curious as where to start, and the repair steps used to diagnose problems. I thank you for mentioning Leons test guide as I didn't know about it, and Clays guides don't talk about repairing the fliptronic board.

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »
I have replaced the coil diodes on this board under suspicion,but haven't had time to retest,
Yep Leon's guide is about the best thing I've found for fliptronics repairs,
Some of the coils you have mentioned may be driven off the driver board,check the solenoid table to see what transistors are used..