Author Topic: TZ Has entered the Twilight Zone with false Spiral triggering!  (Read 145 times)

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
TZ Has entered the Twilight Zone with false Spiral triggering!
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »

Picked up this machine Just before Christmas and It has copped a fair hiding over the break,Fantastic Game!

Been flawless until now,

Its started triggering the Left spiral, opto I think as you can hear the sound byte associated with it and the flashers etc,

it does it randomly when left flipper is used, and when ball is near left upper flipper region as well..

Vibration, Light interference or Switch matrix problem?
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I'd start with checking for loose wiring on the opto, maybe bang with your palm near the area and see it if can make it happen without using other switches (flippers) as it is a bit of a pain to get to. Should eliminate switch matrix. it could be also be a opto mount breaking the beam, I had a similar promlem on the right opto with loose wiring another real pain to get to @.@

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
I'd start with checking for loose wiring on the opto, maybe bang with your palm near the area and see it if can make it happen without using other switches (flippers) as it is a bit of a pain to get to. Should eliminate switch matrix. it could be also be a opto mount breaking the beam, I had a similar promlem on the right opto with loose wiring another real pain to get to @.@

Hey KTM yea it seems most likely to be a vibration based problem I think,

your right the Optos look like a Pain to get to, upside down on the ball guides  !@#

ive been wanting to give the Pf upper a full strip and clean and rerubber,and sort any little issues like this out,

but cant bring myself to put the machine out of action just too much fun to play!

Peter...
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline casperthefriendly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Yoiu could try disconnecting the opto you think is at fault and playing the game to see if the error goes - that'll help pin it down to just that opto, or other matrix/wiring issues.

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
KTM had it nailed, broken wire on left opto making and breaking with vibration,
Cause the opto acts as a switch closed and opens when the beam gets interrupted makes sense.
Reverse thinking to a normal switch contact!

Peter

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Glad you got it sorted mate  ^^^

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
Luckily the easier one to get to *%* the transmitter on the left of the guide near the gumball machine...