Author Topic: *VIDEOS added -TOYOTA New Technology is Amazing ! 2012 Vehicles  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Actually... it doesnt. Battery only to just over 21Klm ph.. then engine and battery.
It certainly saves fuel on drive off point and stop start driving is very inefficient for a petrol driven car.
Engine still runs during deceleration and EXCESS energy is put back into the battery ( to a certain point.. battery can only hold so much charge)... you are still burning fuel at this point.

Yes.. it will save on fuel costs.. no doubt about that, but video clearly shows battery only to pull away with.

Dont get me wrong Cavey... this is an interesting car and im not slamming it here, what im trying to do is ascertain just HOW efficient it is without any Toyota salesman bullshit... no point in asking a car salesman if you want the truth.

Just how long the battery lasts is a very important point... i can clearly see the benefits of pulling away and achieving fuel efficiency here so long as speed reaches over 21klm. Battery life is crucial here because if driving in heavy traffic, speeds of over 21klm's are not always reached for quite some time... so the question of how long the battery lasts is absolutely crucial. If it runs dead, does it damage it? If it runs dead, im assumng normal fuel driving takes over.. im assuming this cos it is not explained.

And this is my point all along...... there are lots of unanswered questions and as a consumer we need to ensure that the benefits exceed the pitfalls... there are always pitfalls and its OK for Toyota to only want to demonstrate the positives as a selling point. But if its THAT good... then please explain the flipside of the coin... then and only then will i believe all i hear