Author Topic: Insert Decals - T2  (Read 747 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Insert Decals - T2
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
Well, it looks as if I will keep my T2.  Which is good considering it was a pressie from the wifey and I didn't want to get rid of her either...

My question is this.  I previously had to put a decal set on, as the others were quite daggy on an otherwise quite nice PF.  I purchased a decal set from an O/S company - which wasn't cheap mind you to get in.
The issue was - that on the standard original decals there was a white outline / shading which went around the numbers.  On the replacements - this is non existant, which makes the numbers quite dark - although with the LED's this is overcome.  The second thing is - on the lowest two insert decals (middle - red square) where the Terminator's shoulders sit, the two uprights from his neck and the 'collar' bones were - I'm assuming screenprinted on the decals as well.  These were badly worn with the old decals - and all came off in one bit.
There only seems to be one place which has them, but nobody has the collar bones / neck bits on the decals.  They are cut out around this.  So - this is my first problem.  The second problem - I want to get decals with the white surrounds.  If I can get both - then I will remove mylar (over diamond plate) so should be easy.....replace decals again then clear...Would come up nice.

If anyone can advise?

If its unclear, I will post photos but I'm throttled on bandwidth at the moment so suffering... !*!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Insert Decals - T2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »
Good to hear about T2, sad to see you want to keep the wife LOL, just think of how many more machines you could have!!! You've got to think positive, she leaves and as they all do, they take the lot....imagine the room you'd have then Marty....HEAPS.

I do some hunting for decals for you as well and see what comes up. I'm thinking you may have to try and make them yourself though.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
Hi Marty

if its any help i can scan the section to make a overlay if you wont.All this talk about the t2 has made me wont to finish mine.
Let me no if you need the scans as going to wrap up the nos pf and put it away for the full restore at a later date.

Craig
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »
Great offer Craig!  Yes please.  Much appreciated.

I take it you understand the area I mean?  Otherwise I will photograph for you...

I might contact Marco's and ask them about the decals.  It may have been a dud batch I got..

Let me know what you want for them too!

Regards

Marty

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
 is this the area your talking about,if you need any more let me no.

payment nothing, just happy to help

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Hi Marty

if its any help i can scan the section to make a overlay if you wont.All this talk about the t2 has made me wont to finish mine.
Let me no if you need the scans as going to wrap up the nos pf and put it away for the full restore at a later date.

Craig

crap I knocked my drink over as i fell off my chair   laughing at this  $#$ $#$

you  finish off the T2  now thats better than wotto's  ball that went into search mode ..... &^& &^&

nah mate  its about bloody time. how is that spare t2 playfield  going ...

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »
Yep exactly.  Just the section on the security pass insert and the 250,000 insert.  The decals actually cut around the collar bone bit.  The two uprights to the neck I painted by hand only on the insert plastic.  Everything else is there and perfect on PF...

I've attached copies of my two inserts.  You can see where the sticker stops..  Its a shame they couldn't make the whole thing!

I've emailed Marco's about the inserts.  You can really notice the difference between yours, with the white highlighting and mine - just plain black...Hopefully I just had a misprinted batch...

BTW - that is a awesome PF.  Your're a lucky man having that....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:57:52 PM by MartyJ »

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
Hi Marty

Craig

crap I knocked my drink over as i fell off my chair   laughing at this  $#$ $#$

you  finish off the T2  now thats better than wotto's  ball that went into search mode ..... &^& &^&

nah mate  its about bloody time. how is that spare t2 playfield  going ...

i was hoping you weren't going to see this #@# and yes I'm not that far off putting the play field back in.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »
sorry craig

even pissed  I would see have seen it .....
and given you shit about it  and spelt every second word wrong though .....