Author Topic: Knocker Coil Issue  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Re: Knocker Coil Issue
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »
Thanks Dan (DSB) for coming over today and repairing my board, no more solenoid issues. Made my day and glad you enjoyed playing the old school machines.

When I bought it there were digits missing in the credit displays and the same problem was there with the new 4 in 1 board so today I repinned the connectors on that display and same thing missing/fading digits so I swapped the credit displays from Sinbad with Cleopatra and bingo they are both good. Strange as it doesn't make sense to me but glad it's fixed.

I recently had the display fuse blow on the pascal board so I replaced the fuse and removed all display connectors then turned it on, all good so started adding the displays one by one turning off in between of course. All went good from 1 - 3 including credit/ball display so I am assuming it is the forth one, waiting on fuses to arrive to check the last display and go from there.

This almost completes this project except for the Photoshop Artwork for the backglass replacement which I am slowly chipping away at!

To top the day off I went and bought a 1978 Charlies Angels that isn't too bad compared to Cleopatra so this one is going to get a freshen up not a complete resto.

Thanks to everyone for their input and help on this project, you guy's rock! it would be a frustrating struggle without you.

Regards: Brettski... :)