Author Topic: Hankin Empire Strikes Back Restore The Death Of Sedgwick Strikes Back  (Read 809 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hi guys tis was going to be put away for a rainy day but after receiving the backbox ave decided i need to start right away.   May not finish it but at least get it to a solid state that it can be stored safely.

For those who dont know this was a macine i missed out on when i was 15 mum wouldnt lend me the $150 the guy wanted for it.  So this is a machine ive always wanted just so i can give mum shit.

It started out as a funny post by pinnies for me about an ebay auction Sedgwik strikes back.   Some wanker had converted this machine from a Hankin empire strikes back into some monstrosity called segwick. And id say went to some effort too.
    New backglass stickers to cover the pop bumper caps, spinners even stand up targets and drop targets got the treatment.

From the residue left all over the place id say they also had stickers made to cover all the plastics and anything on the playfield which was star wars related..  What a mess.....

Here it is when i got it home

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Looking forward to this one Daniel despite my opinion of this games gameplay, the back box is little short of spectacular.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
The good thing is, the playfield is in good condition
and if the playfeild is good, eveerything else can be fixed/reproduced/found

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Great to see you got hold of this game   its one I use to play    I reckon who ever did that should be shot    !*!

Will you repaint the cab maybe using one of Gav stencils      What will you do about the bg    I will be keen to see how you tackle this one

The game and bg remind me off space invaders     Did Hankin copy off Bally as there similar   but both cool games   all the best with it       Howzat

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Gday Ian
     Backbox is all sorted thanks to pop bumper pete.

Games is fully functional now.

Playfield will need to be clear coated as it has some bad planking.

Entire cabinet front needs to be replaced and yes a stencil set will definitely be required.

Here is a video of the working backbox

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great video Daniel, forgot how nice the effect is and how much I loved that back glass, thanks for posting that. That was my third machine, and despite my opinion of the game play I do recall fondly the time I spent sorting it, my first real repair. When can I have a game?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Sadly Nick it can't be played until I get it clear coated the planking is that bad I'm scared the ball will remove paint.  As soon as it's done your welcome to a game or 10

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Geez Dan where do you find these machines? Nice work as usual had she progressed  at all?
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Yeah it progressed all the way to my shipping container.   Pinfan has a set of stencils for me but no time for my own games

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong

Here is a photo from this afternoon lol

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
What's hiding up the back peering out?  &&

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
1931 improved A Model roadster pickup

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
A model Be a nice project mate
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong

Yes it will be Pete that's why in covering it with pins hopefully dad will forget about it lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Somehow I think the only qualified restorer to tackle this project is the driver  @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia