Author Topic: Board rebuild - WMS Phoenix  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Board rebuild - WMS Phoenix
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
Great work Andy! Great machine Brett I love Phoenix can't wait to see your restore! ^^^

Jeff

I am taking the whole cabinet, inside n out, plus the headbox back to bare wood. Then after prep work, I will spray the entire cabinet inside n out with 2 pac paint. I have the choice of using a professional spray painter or I can use my own compressor n spray equipment. I will see what the profesionals quote is, and then see if Andy(Beaky) and I can do it ourselves.  Either way, I will be getting the first bright pink coat done which will look spectacular. Leaning towards a professional 2 pac job really.
I remember seeing a Phoenix brand spanking new, coming off a truck n being set up, and the pink cabinet you see today on most Phoenix machines is only a shadow of its former bright pink glory. After the pink is done, I will then have the orange and then the white shapes painted on all of the cabinet. The machine will look brand new.

I have recently purchased a replacement Phoenix backglass for $300 cause the original one was well past being able to be used again. The new one is a 8.5 outta 10. I have also just purchased an entire spare populated playfield for only $299 that comes with absolutely everything, top and bottom, and this playfield is much better than the original one. The original one is very good, this new one is great.
I also have a brand new set of PinLED displays incl all the slave displays and the master display from the USA. It will make it look better than new.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:56:28 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !