Author Topic: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production  (Read 58597 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »
I think I am the only person who REALLY wants one.
The more I read and see, the more convinced I am.
I have a problem  &^&

Go for it!

Most of us are disappointed with the price, with some not liking the game regardless of price.  Personally I like the game, but my only disappointment is that I well never see it on location, where I had hoped it's simplicity would draw in a new crowd to pinball.

I love modern games, and as they have much more 'feel good' shots, but can't be bothered with their complex rules - though I understand that is great for the home market.  I like this game as it looks simple to understand, and the artwork on the play field and backglass is exceptional to me.  I hate the look of the create under the game, as well as the wooden looking side rails.  But that is all a mater of personal taste, with no right and wrong.

On the positive, if you do buy one, it will be a rare pin within Australia due to the high cost.  I'm sure you will find in time that it will be the envy of many.  I bet even its critics wouldn't say no to an invitation to come and play the machine.

As for the price tag, congratulations in understanding true happiness.  If you like it, what is an extra few thousand over what probably should have been an appropriate price.  Provided you can afford it (i.e. you aren't taking a loan out on it) go for it.

Being finanically rich is about being able to buy the material things you desire.  We are all lucky that what we desire is actually in financial reach, and I think most of us are OK with not having a house on Sydney harbour.  What is the point of a harbour view if you can't walk into a room with the lights off and just admire the beauty of pinball machines in attract mode.

The value of a pinball in attract mode that you love: priceless.  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:22:56 PM by Brunswick Brawler »