Author Topic: Latest Addition - Wms Police Force  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Latest Addition - Wms Police Force
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
Stumbled across this one locally   $#$  usually it's a trip to Melbourne or Sydney for me.

A good project to try to get finished in time for Santa to deliver it.  4 weeks of hiding a pinball machine - I don't like my chances.  I think as well as the ghost that lives in the shed at night, there may also be a big snake in there which is why the doors are locked and no kids are allowed inside.   &&

Needs a new ramp and it has significant wear under the ramp drop out.  I'm hoping that $300 on top of the purchase price will see the machine clean and tidy with a new ramp, ramp protectors, rubbers, globes and a few other bits and pieces as they need doing. 

Here are a few pics that I quickly snapped before it went into hiding last night.

http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/Talby671/Police%20Force/
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Latest Addition - Wms Police Force
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
AWESOME!

This would be my fav game of all.  I absolutely love the game play and it is great fun.  Being able to steal the second players score IMO is the best feature of all time.

Looks good.  RTBB has the ramp sets....As long as your display is good you should be good to go with a cheap pin.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »
Good on you Blair.....I'm also a fan of this game.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:27:50 PM »

Well done Blair - I look forward to the restore thread.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
The displays are all good which I am stoked about.  Apart from the ramp which I will be getting from Greg as well as the Clffys protectors, it looks like a few switches maybe playing up e.g. trough switch just doesn't register the ball/s.  The car motor is working but just needs the belt adjusted, there maybe switch errors there as well on the up and down switches.  After a strip down and clen she should come up pretty nice. 

Just gotta get my head around how to get into the switch and solenoid tests to figure out what is and isn't working.  The kids are going to love this one.....I hope.  It was exactly what I was looking for, cheap, good title that is family family but still enough for us big boys to enjoy as well.

I'll start a little resto/cleanup thread once I start getting into it.  I am sure I will have some questions about the Sys 11 machines which I haven't tinkered with before.

Just out of interest, what is the general concensus on the value of these machines?  Hopefully I didn't rip myself off.   &^&

AWESOME!

This would be my fav game of all.  I absolutely love the game play and it is great fun.  Being able to steal the second players score IMO is the best feature of all time.

Looks good.  RTBB has the ramp sets....As long as your display is good you should be good to go with a cheap pin.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:49:45 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »
The displays are all good which I am stoked about.  Apart from the ramp which I will be getting from Greg as well as the Clffys protectors, it looks like a few switches maybe playing up e.g. trough switch just doesn't register the ball/s.  The car motor is working but just needs the belt adjusted, there maybe switch errors there as well on the up and down switches.  After a strip down and clen she should come up pretty nice. 

Just gotta get my head around how to get into the switch and solenoid tests to figure out what is and isn't working.  The kids are going to love this one.....I hope.  It was exactly what I was looking for, cheap, good title that is family family but still enough for us big boys to enjoy as well.

I'll start a little resto/cleanup thread once I start getting into it.  I am sure I will have some questions about the Sys 11 machines which I haven't tinkered with before.

Just out of interest, what is the general concensus on the value of these machines?  Hopefully I didn't rip myself off.   &^&

AWESOME!

I've got a few spare IC's in case the switch matrix is stuffed.  If it needs a flipper I can highly recommend putting one in it.  Makes it very easy for the ramp shots.
How is the plastic to the right of the centre ramp - the cocaine one?  I still need to make a new one.....If you need any photos of wiring etc let me know
I changed the LED's on the Police car (white for headlights and blue/red on roof) and came out fantastic.
I reckon this game will fast become a keeper!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

AWESOME!

I've got a few spare IC's in case the switch matrix is stuffed.  If it needs a flipper I can highly recommend putting one in it.  Makes it very easy for the ramp shots.
How is the plastic to the right of the centre ramp - the cocaine one?  I still need to make a new one.....If you need any photos of wiring etc let me know
I changed the LED's on the Police car (white for headlights and blue/red on roof) and came out fantastic.
I reckon this game will fast become a keeper!

Cheers thanks Marty.  I will be definitely putting flipper kit through it, the coils look OK but I will wait and see how the coils are once the flipper kit is installed.

LEDs for the Police car sound cool as well.    Were they much hassle to swap over and what type/strength did you use?

I am pretty sure the plastic is OK.  First glance it looked intact anyway, this may change once I strip it down and have a proper look.  Slingshots plastics are no good.

I am hanging to get this machine up and running, it's killing me not being able to work on it while the kids are awake already.
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
It was just LED's from Jaycar.  Took about 5min to install and really made it come to life...There are leds in there already, the head lights will be a very dull yellow and 2 x red (dull) on top..

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
congrats Blair

I  played Silverball's police force the last time I was over there and actually enjoyed
it,  your the sixth persons that I now know that has one....... you guys should start your own little group  !!@
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
I reckon now that Greg has ramps they will increase in popularity..Certainly before with a broken centre ramp the game wasn't too much fun...

I reckon one would look good in your lineup Greg!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »
PF wasn't a machine that was on my radar at all.  I hadn't ever taken any notice of it until the machine was offered to me. 

Hopefully this one scrubs up OK.  It's always nice to know that replacement parts are available.  Greg's ramp should be built to last, especially with the Cliffy protectors.

I'll definitely have a crack at the LEDs on the car as well.  I like the belt they used for the car's movement - thin piece of electrical cord is what's in mine.
Addicted to pins.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »
congrats Blair

I  played Silverball's police force the last time I was over there and actually enjoyed
it,  your the sixth persons that I now know that has one....... you guys should start your own little group  !!@
Police force rules greg...its right up there with mystery castle.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »
Allways wanted to play this one as have heard good reports. Whats it worth in good nick?
1500?

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »
Allways wanted to play this one as have heard good reports. Whats it worth in good nick?
1500?

That's sort of the price I was thinking $1500-1800 ???????  It seems like there is a bit of love out there for this machine.
Addicted to pins.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 11:44:47 PM »
I went and looked at one a few years ago, the guy selling wanted $600 and I couldn't get there quck enough.

On arrival was soooo disappointed - have never seen a game from this error so hammered in all my life.

Was left there and probably still there....was so far gone it was only good for parts  !!!