Author Topic: Pinball Magazine No. 3 contest  (Read 2436 times)

Offline PinballMagazine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Re: Pinball Magazine No. 3 contest
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
@ 4_amustement_only: Thanks for your comment. You are correct the previous issue came out over 2 years ago. In the mean time I worked on another issue, which was supposed to be issue 3. That would focus on pinball designer and artist Python Anghelo. Python welcomed me at his house and we spent two weeks together, spread over 2 trips, in which he talked for over 50 hours (recorded). As Python tended to be quite opinionated and chaotic I was left with the task to first transcribe all the recordings and then try to make some sense out of them. Pythons mind was quicker than his mouth so he jumped from topic to topic. On average 3 topics per minute. Working my way through that has taken up most of the past 2 years. In the mean time I also published Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball book and a bunch of free downloadable PDF minizines with more current games and reports. In my editorial of PM03 I described how the current issue came about, so I'm not going to repeat that here. But basically it's not that I have taken a break for 2 years. I just haven't published what I've been working on.

I do not intent do become a periodical published magazines. I've been editor of a quarterly published pinball magazine and I quit that for several reasons, of which many have to do with meeting deadlines. Plus when I started Pinball Magazine Pingame Journal was already doing that for forever and I didn't want to compete with Jim.

In regards to your Gottlieb request: good news: earlier this year I interviewed Gottlieb designer Wayne Neyens (97) about his years at Gottlieb. I'm not sure when that will be published as I haven't had time to start transcribing those recordings yet. But a Gottlieb focused issue is sure something I like to do.

Cheers,

Jonathan
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com