Author Topic: New Member - QLD  (Read 1044 times)

Offline rednuts81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Member - QLD
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »
There are several areas on Freddy that need maintainence and attention.

1. The 3 x flippers plus the claw hand flipper that hits the ball as well need to be looked at and usually rebuilt.
2. The claw save at the base of the machine between the bottom 2 x flippers needs to be maintained/rebuilt if it also has play in it.
3. The springs n coils and linkages that kick the ball up under the freddy head need to be maintained/adjusted
4. The other up kickers also need to be adjusted/rebuilt if neccessary
5. There is a bracket under the Freddy head that needs to be tightened n adjusted as well or it stops the ball from freely entering into and under the head ready for the upkick which spits the ball out Freddys mouth
6. The spring on the Freddy mouth Always needs attention replacing if it has become weak.
7. Probably a few other small things that will make the game play better when everything is checked properly.
8. Amost forgot, The dot matrix driver board may sometimes need attention. Mine was fine but a friends had got hot. A small repair here is straight forward.
9. The springs on the three x drop targets can go weak and the linkages/springs will most likely need replacing as well.

Quite a few things that need to be 100 percent to get the most out of this game. Flipper kits always need doing as are often weak but everything else will most likely need adjustment or rebuilding. Parts are very cheap, labour is not that much to do the lot.

All fuses are under the playfield on this gottlieb and it is a well designed machine. You just need a good tech like Beaky or another local tech to give it the once over.
Hope it helps.  ^^^
Thanks for all that , were is the best place to get all the springs and parts?  I got a flipper kit with the machine but no manual so im a bit limited to part number ect.

Thanks Again
Scott

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »
some good info here (link below) but no download for a manual by the looks of it.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=A+Nightmare&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#948

You can easily buy a new manual for apx $25 - $30. Try RTBB or Bay Area or Marco Spec in the USA.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline rednuts81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »
Yeh ok cool thanks