Author Topic: Aussie Dollar Discussion  (Read 8586 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Aussie Dollar Discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »
I like the idea of re producing this AMAZING title. Fantastic game. I'm not a purist, so the artwork is not really a big problem for me, although I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The price is a real issue for us Aussies. I hope AMD can sort this out with Stern USA, as the price for a machine that has not had any real development requirement is too high.

I'm also a little pissed that there is a lot of attention on code updates for TWD and Wrestlemania, yet my KISS LE is screaming for a code update.

I really hope Stern continue with these VE games - I love the idea and would seriously consider Ironman - but not at that price.

Maybe the bubble will burst and games will become cheaper and sell more numbers  @@*

Keeping it all positive - I think the idea is brilliant.

Thanks Nino for putting my post on the original proper thread instead of the one I started today.
I searched everywhere for it using keywords but I just couldn't get it to show up.
As usual Swinksy is always on the ball like you guys finding new stuff to make this site great.

As for pricing, the Aussie dollar is at a very lousy 69 USA cents today.
I was doing some share trading on line & dumped some stock & luckily got all my money back plus a small profit.
But the Aussie dollar is lousy unless u are dealing with China who is smart enough to heavily discount prices to stimulate growth.

The USA dollar confuses me.

Why is the world economy based around a massively bankrupt USA that is trillions in debt and it can't even pay its interest on it liabilities !

It's time the world based the dollar on China first, then the Euro German $, then the USA about 50 down the list.

I understand Stern is now having its future majority of parts quoted & sourced from China.
Hope Mike picks up massive contracts & Stern sends machines from Asia for our market and some others.
It makes sense.
A Pro at 8 grand is fine. But 10.5 is too much because of the shit dollar.
AMD has its hands tied.

The honeymoon lasted for 5 years, now it's gone to shit.
The American dollar deserves to be back where it was when our dollar was $1.10 plus.
What have the yanks done to deserve such a high USA dollar? Absolutely fark all IMHOpinion.

Anyway, glad Stern is at least doing great Vault editions.

I'm no expert, but if we base our dollar on the Chinese market, we would be completely stuffed. They have the second largest economy, and the most volatile at the moment. Growth has stopped. They are not buying Iron Ore from Australia. So we will be in trouble as mining is one of our largest exports. Deal with China now, and you are taking a massive risk, as well as a loss. There's a massive article on www.news.com.au today. It is not good reading.

US dollar will always be king. They are the biggest fish in the pond.

I really wish Stern USA would review the prices to help out AMD, so AMD can drop their prices. At the moment, this needs to be addressed. Not confined to Stern, who is silly enough to spend $16,000 on a MM remake ? Plenty of people - because it is MM..

Something has to give - and this discussion should be moved to the "price watch" thread. Stern cannot command the LE prices any longer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia