Author Topic: Is it possible to use Tapatalk to access Aussie Pinball?  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Is it possible to use Tapatalk to access Aussie Pinball?
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:09 PM »
i use it through the safari browser, i have no problems what so ever. at a guess it would depend on the forum software as to what apps the forum could be viewed from, aa is using vbulletin so its probably the reason why, but why you would bother making it compatible with a single app is beyond me, esp when vbulletin software has addons to make a forum mobile friendly in a mobile version, so it can be used by any portable device not just one that has that app. to try and cater for every individual app would do the site admins head in i would imagine so if anything you would just use a mobile addon if anything at all. however i dont have any problems using my safari browser to view the forum its easy enough, even on my ipod touch. this is not a very complicated forum to browse, and doesn't have a rediculas amount of forum topics so its easy to navigate on a phone.

i had a look to make the forum to be on tapatalk you have to "enable" tapatalk by adding the plugin, so its a download and add it to the forum, there is a smf plugin most tapatalk forums use vbulletin but smf which this forum program is can use a smf plugin. but how many of these apps are out there? trying to put the forum on all of the apps is crazy.

but phone and these mobile devices these days are now at the point of being able to use websites with out having to modify forums or websites to be viewed by a mobile device. and an ipad isnt that small so i cant really see the problem of just using safari? its one less app on your device. i think sometimes these apps are more wank than they are usefull.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:46:48 PM by Olivia_jason »