Author Topic: Firepower Playfield up rebuild  (Read 5178 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Firepower Playfield up rebuild
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »
Yep you sure have your the Mark i mentioned getting it off in the first post i really should add the C so everyone knows who i meant.

opps didnt read that LOL  sorry mate

been a long day on the road and at the farm

I loved the elctric fnce when i was young you could lean a friends bike up agains a post and run a wire to the frame it they didnt grab it by the rubber grip  THUMP...    Or we had this string with very fine wire through it looked just like hay twine so id get people to carry one end out into the paddock and pull it tight nce it was off the ground id throw my end over the fence and again THUMP   Man i was a C**t of a kid   !*!

all I can say is the electric fence was fun .....  nice blue light .....

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Well this machine is coming together nicely.  I called into the brother in laws on the way home from work and found myself a headbox when i hang them i usually strip them out completely but this one the aliminium was in great condition so i left it intact  $#$  So when i got home i raided the garden shed for parts.  People ask me why do i keep all this crap???  This machine is being built out of all that crap.

Found most of the board brackets door hinges screws nuts and internal parts except for the CPU lower bracket (Anyone got one to sell me???)  And i also found what looks to be a completed headbox loom and transformer.

I removed all the hot tip stickers etc and gave it a quick scrub with Mr sheen and fine steel wool came out really well

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
Well the flu still has me so mostly inside again.     

Tested the power supply board    WORKING
  Tested the driver board  All solonoids 100% but lam row issues  so no big deal

Transformer cleaned up and fitted also wire loom cleaned up and fitted roughly.

Also wire brushed the screws and re painted the heads black  and polished the Board brackets

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »
Got to give it to you Daniel you sure love a challange.

In fact I have a Addams slingshot plastic here, reckon you can build me an Addams Family Pinball please  :lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 10:39:36 PM »
Looks like a bit of a challenge for you Daniel, but im sure you'll do just fine ^^^

Cant wait to see the final outcome.. i'll be following this thread with great interest *%* *%*

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 08:58:51 AM »
Great project Daniel .
Already enjoying watching your progress.
Sounds like you have most of what's needed already .

Keep up the great work  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
Thanks guys yes i do have most parts i need i really cant believe how everything ive kept over the years are all being put to use.    Specially all the things that i have bought over the years for no reason or parts that i would normally throw out but kept for some unknown reason (maybe ust never remembered to throw out).    Still bloody crook so ill be spending the evening working on it again in the warmth of the house.    I have so much work to do but im really struggling to do anything just glad i have these  boards here to repair or id be going crazy (Probably to late for crazy but crazier)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »
Well the power supply is back together sadly some  !!@ ordered the wrong caps but they will do until i order in some axial ones @.@
Where do you order your axial caps from?

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Well the power supply is back together sadly some  !!@ ordered the wrong caps but they will do until i order in some axial ones @.@
Where do you order your axial caps from?

Hi Boots i get my axial caps from GPE (great plains eectronics) in the US but usually wait till i need a few bits or just order extra stuff i may never use %.%

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
YEAH   the driver board is now working 100% Once i find myself the CPU bracket i can mount all the boaards and finish the wiring loom  $#$

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »
Well im feeling a little better so it was time to venture out to the shed the wife would shoot me if i rigged this all up inside *%*      Managed to get the Rectifiers all wired up and the boards mounted wire look is almost done just needs a few more loom holders and the large Capacitor i added a 15000uf one just to test

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
ITSS   ALLLIIIIVVVVEEEEEE

Plugged in the playfield to see if all my work had payed of and bam i got nothing.    Then i realised im an idiot it had gone into Audit mode so no Attract LOL  (Hard to tell with no displays) Quick on of and....

Its missing a coule of coils so i had to connect the power wires together  to get all coils present working but im very happy

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »
Fantastic Daniel  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
Gee you're roaring along with this project. 

I'll be interested to see how the conversion of the targets to drops goes. Anybody else done this? Any feedback?  I bought an old WMS play field with a few sets of drops to do this conversion to my machine.  First I need to finish a few other jobs on the go.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
Great stuff  ^^^