Author Topic: R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:48:26 PM »
Rest in Peace Margaret Thatcher.

What a lady. People say she put the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN.

She is ofcourse famous for the Arentinian War which she won decisively along with over 50 years of being involved in Politics.

I didnt know she could sing, play the piano, and had been in politics since she was a young schoolgirl.

I remember seeing a documentary where the Opposition Leader at the time told Ms Thatcher that a woman couldnt run a political office, and Margaret Thatcher responded, "Us women run the household, buy the groceries, iron your work clothes everyday, get you men off to work, pat your bottoms when you are sick, we basically run the place already, we just dont get recognised for it, but thats about to change". She then won office and became the first ever Prime Minister of Great Britain.

When the Opposition Leader was asked when he knew he was in trouble with the Election Campaign, he responded "when I went to a local polling booth and there were women 5 deep, lined up for a few hundred metres around the block at every polling booth I visited, telling men to shove off". lol

Margaret Thatcher had substance.

I saw some young people on the news tonight cheering she was dead, a lady of 87 years, I thought that was extremely poor taste, without class by young people who hadnt lived thru the 2nd World War, hadnt been through the 87 learned years of a strong and thoughtful Lady.

During the documentary, there was a time when Margaret Thatcher went to see the Queen about declaring War on the Argentinians.
Upon her arriving, she was greeted by the Queen who was not in a good mood and the Queen was furious about the Falklands.
The Queen announced "I hope you are not here to ask me for more time to talk with these invaders, this Business will simply not do, I want them thrown off the Falkland Islands immediately"", for which the Iron Lady responded "well, now that we have that out of the way, lets have a cup of tea and lets talk about just how we are going to do it". Apparently, they got along extremely well. You can see why they would. Two strong women.

Some famous quotes below.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/galleries/g/16643699/margaret-thatchers-greatest-quotes/16643700/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:53:34 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
+1 from me. All well put - R.I.P.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

Tough as nails. I watch a lot of old WWII docos and I see that she modeled herself after Winston Churchill. Touch and uncompromising. She would have been as powerful as any US President at the time of her leadership.

RIP
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:06 PM »
She sold the Great OUT of Great Britain to the minority rich while taxing the poor.
Parties are all over the UK in celebration of her death because she systematically killed whole communities with unemployment and gave nothing in the void.. many many many people were thrust onto the streets in poverty.. when that happened she introduced " care in the community" and closed many of the mental health hospitals and full care facilities.. they were in essence thrown onto the streets for the people to deal with.. " care in the community".
She was a woman who was a true capitalist and dealt with commodoties only... the people of Britain were her commodity.
Its not bad taste to celebrate the death of someone you have hated all your life.. its the cold hard truth and its something she dealt out with cold feeling to millions.

Ding Dong.. The wicked witch is dead   ^^^ ^^^
 May she rot

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »
She polarised the people and there were haters as much as followers. I personally think that the ones who hated her did so for the same reasons as the ones who loved her.
Her qualities of being tough as nails and set on her goals and ideas was both poplual and unpopular.
I will admire the Iron Lady for as long as I live, we probably won't see someone with the same caliber in our lifetime.
RIP Baroness Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
Watch the docco " Filth and the Fury" about the Sex Pistols and it illustrates very well what England was like at that time under her.
Not a nice place to be living at all.
She also called Mandella a terrorist.
So many people die every single day, i won't be shedding a tear for this one.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »
I just focused on all the good she did. 

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:13:48 PM »
Watch the docco " Filth and the Fury" about the Sex Pistols and it illustrates very well what England was like at that time under her.

John Simon Ritchie and Deborah Spungen were not who they were because of Margaret Thatcher.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:21:25 PM »
Like what?.. What good did she do?

I grew up under Thatcher.. protested in the streets.. marched against her.. saw the national infrastructures get sold off.. watched Britains manufacturing base get shut down as it was deemed " no longer necessary" as we could buy from OS and sell instead.. watched as she taxed non land owners for residing on land they rented.. watched as she shut down whole communities by destroying their factories and then let the market decide what would become of the people left behind.
She was a heartless, cold and cruel woman and her legacy is now Britains demise as it struggles to pull back from a recession.. a struggle with no national infrastructure... no manufacturing base. She sold the countries assets for short term gain and built a reputation on the broken backs of her own people.
I despised her as did millions of others

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »
With all the talk of an Iron Maiden pin lately - were you all aware that years ago Maiden had to have one of thier SINGLES covers altered due to the fact that the woman that Eddie was killing resembled a certain 'someone'........see for yourselves .......

DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »

John Simon Ritchie and Deborah Spungen were not who they were because of Margaret Thatcher.

That may be true but that doesn't change the fact that life during that period for the middle and lower class youth was shite and without opportunity for most  and borderline hopeless for many.
No wonder they rebelled against a system that didn't care about them.

^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 09:36:06 PM »

I grew up under Thatcher.. protested in the streets.. marched against her.. saw the national infrastructures get sold off.. watched Britains manufacturing base get shut down as it was deemed " no longer necessary" as we could buy from OS and sell instead.. watched as she taxed non land owners for residing on land they rented.. watched as she shut down whole communities by destroying their factories and then let the market decide what would become of the people left behind.
She was a heartless, cold and cruel woman and her legacy is now Britains demise as it struggles to pull back from a recession.. a struggle with no national infrastructure... no manufacturing base. She sold the countries assets for short term gain and built a reputation on the broken backs of her own people.

It was a Rest in Peace thread for a now defenceless 87 year old woman who was in ill health.

It wasnt a thread to disrespect a ladys memories.

I am hoping the MODS show some dignity and clean up the thread.

Perhaps we leave RIP threads as that, rest in peace, and people who want to wish bad of the dead can start another post. A bit of decorum I thought for a 87 yr old lady wouldnt hurt, would it.  Sheeesh.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
CRASS werent so generous with their depictions of her..

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »

It was a Rest in Peace thread for a now defenceless 87 year old woman who was in ill health.

It wasnt a thread to disrespect a ladys memories.

I am hoping the MODS show some dignity and clean up the thread.

Perhaps we leave RIP threads as that, rest in peace, and people who want to wish bad of the dead can start another post. A bit of decorum I thought for a 87 yr old lady wouldnt hurt, would it.  Sheeesh.

I dont deal in hypocrosy... dead.. defenceless.. who cares?? She was hated by more in the country than loved her... Why didnt yopu do a similar post for saddam?? He was dead and defenceless... maybe Pholpot.. also dead and defenceless.. maybe Jimmy Saville.. earned millions for charity.. also dead and defenceless..

Dont talk rubbish
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:41:39 PM by Retropin »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
A song is worth a thousand words.....