Author Topic: neon sign for future shed.  (Read 996 times)

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: neon sign for future shed.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »
Can see the street lights flickering and dimming when you power her up LOL Awesome. ^^^

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
left Coff's on friday night 12 oclock travelled down to Newcastle, arrive 5am to drop off  aluminium pinball trolley I made for Rackaball (thanks for fixing my dukebox and Meteor),then continued on to Sydney to pick up the trailer and sign ,it was in a weather damaged condition,worse than the pic's on ebay(he must have put on photo's when new.It is made of wood and had fallen apart in areas ,specially the bottom,then the seller said the people who stored the neon&trailer have tested it 6months ago and it did not work.I'm thinking (not another shit ebay deal) !!! !!!.Trust me in the day light it looks shit ,a sign that does not work and paint peeling off it every where,wood work rotting/swelling and falling apart,but the tandem trailer it was on was only made in the 6th month 2008 and my mate I bought down with me was happy to buy that off me(thanks mackdog).Well we towed it back to Coff's ,  tired as all shit , arrived back at 7.30 pm saturday ,looked at sign and no glass was broken(rough trip back for a glass neon sign) so what the heck ,lets plug it in and see what happens , maybe some of it works??? and we could not believe  our luck , the thing works , not just some of it , the whole bloody lot #*# $#$
1st photo , rackaball's trolley
2nd photo , the sign & mackdog when plugged in at Coff's

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »
Geez big dog that sign is HUUUGE !!

You'd have to hand out pairs of sunglasses to people before they enter your shed .

Sure it will look awesome with a few pins around it.   ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 10:45:13 PM »
If you have a meet at your joint we can just look for the glow from 100 km's away in order to find your joint  :lol :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »
Thats Sweet Cam even sweeter that it all works  ^^^ I guess that makes up for it not looking as good as on ebay

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 08:55:17 AM »
Dan,will post a day photo of it and you will see it looks very sad,and will start some photos of start of shed but will take at least a year to build,taking time off work is very hard and some thing else always pops up to stop you doing your own projects ^&^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
Yeah i know what you mean Cam my shed has been in the pipe for about 5 years now.  This time i just bit the bullet cancelled everything and said F it my turn now everything else can wait.  Good luck with your shed but if its going to house that sign yours must be bloody huge  ^^^ ^^^

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
Wow, that is one big sucker.....THATS HUGE

Looks great all lit up
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
OH I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!!!!!

Good to see she works for you.

The flouro and globes will chew more juice than all the neon... contrary to belief, neon is really cheap to run.

Let me know if you want to change some of the text and ill see what i can do for you

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
Hey Gavin dont these signs throw out some light. A good friend of mine made me a neon sign for the front of my business with my logo SPURR ELECTRONICS.
We mounted it on the front of the shop facing the main road. When we turned it on for the first time at night holly SHIT it lite the whole street up in blue and red "unreal". #*#  2 weeks later I get a nasty letter from the council saying that the houses across the street were complaining that they couldnt sleep due to a flying saucer being parked across the street at night! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT  !*!  So I visited the guys across the street and fixed it all up by using a timer off at 10pm.  *)*
So yes big dog this will light up you shed!  *%*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:12:16 AM by SPURR »

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
This is what it looks like not lit up !!! !!! @.@

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »
Nice office block on wheels you have but i can't see the door so you can move the pins and people inside??. Is it a bit like a pinball "Trojan horse". Sorry- couldn't help myself but it is a spectacular piece of neon and to get it home and plug it in and she still works - excellent @@*