Author Topic: Rowe/AMI JAL-200 Jukebox project  (Read 278 times)

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
Rowe/AMI JAL-200 Jukebox project
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:18:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

Although I'd rather this be a "look at my first project pin" thread, I have been asked to have a look at a jukebox for a family member. It was purchased not working around 5 years ago, apparently it was working one day and not the next. I found an original (not reprint) manual with schematics on ebay which has and will come in very handy.

At this stage he just wants to see it working, and there is plenty of broken wires and damaged wiring that needs replacing, although I hope to get it operational and then work on some of the cosmetics. I've been cleaning and polishing things as I go if I have some downtime waiting for parts etc.

I need globes and tubes for it, the internal mains wiring uses US plugs which I have ordered so I can replace them as they are in a very bad state! Also realised the other night that there is no "F" key, but rather 2 "L"'s! I've found a parts company that is wrecking 8 of this model so hoping he can help me out, just waiting to see what else I'll need before I place an order.

There's a bit of rust as you can see. I've invested in some Ranax which seems to work wonders, but I'm a bit concerned about using it on the chrome front mesh. Any suggestions? Re-plating is not out of the question but not going to go to those extremes until I can prove I can get it working. Lucky I know where Daniel lives! lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:20:08 PM by Belac »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Rowe/AMI JAL-200 Jukebox project
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

There are a few of these in Geelong (Hey Daniel) !

Ironically, I recently sold 15 buttons to suit this machine on eBay. There was an "L" or "F" key in very poor condition. There's nothing like a valve amp - best of luck with the resto !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
I did see the buttons on ebay when I was searching for manuals, but at the time didn't realise I needed them!

Does Daniel have a JAL-200? I have seen his jukes but can't remember what they looked like as I was focused on the pins!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:53:55 PM »
I have one very similar Caleb all the internals are the same just a slightly different casing if you need a hand feel free to ask dealt with quited a few of these my next door neighbor has a Jal and so does i guy in grovedale which ive repaired  ^^^

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10:06 PM »
Ohh that's great thanks Daniel!

Got a fair bit of tidying up to do before anything, but pretty sure I will be in touch regarding some advice/assistance down the track!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
Any time  ^^^