Author Topic: Windsor Hotel NSW  (Read 1110 times)

Offline RGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Windsor Hotel NSW
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:44:31 AM »
Guys,

I went down there to check it out and found that there was no pinballs at all. I thought they once had STTNG and No fear.... Any idea how long they have been without pinballs... And where can I find a STTNG or No fear in Syd. Btw I went to play the Circus Voltaire in Landsdown and its totally shit... Dirty and no lights working... Christ whats going on with these operators.. How hard is it to clean a pinball and replace the globes....

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Windsor Hotel NSW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
I guess when you aren't making that much money out of operating a pinball there is not a huge incentive to keep it clean and lit up - but to me it is obvious that you will maximise whatever return you will get by doing so!

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
Sounds they some of the owners of these sited machines do not give a shit about the machines,it is all about money,and not a lot of it if the machines are not up to scratch.How things have changed from when we operated an amusement centre in the late 80s till early 90s.We allways had around 10 pins and various other arcade games.On the same day of each week the owner of the machines would come in before we opened,empty the cash,give us our half.Then his pin teck would go over every machine,clean,repair where required,everything was checked.If i had a machine that had to be put out of order before his next visit ,all it took was a phone call to the teck and he would be there that day or the next.This was the same deal with a guy who owned a jukebox we had on site.I know i would not be the only one on this site,but i always have my machines cleaned and waxed as it makes gameplay so much better.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »
It's always a laugh everyone says pinballs don't make money and every game I seem to put my money in doesn't work how is it going to make money if it doesn't work.    I don't think I ever make it past a sited pinball without dropping a few coins

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »
Lol it wont if the flippers don't move and the machine is turned off. All of the features on a pinball are there for a reason. Yeah sure having one light go out wont mean you will not be able to play the machine can it can dramatically affect the game play. The real issue is to keep the pinball working well *before* something goes wrong and not waiting for something to go wrong to fix it.

Anyway.......... No new on where the pins are that left the Windsor? Or any other locations that have STTNG, No Fear lol or any locations with working pinballs?

Offline grapsta

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:01:17 AM »
i played the one at the Landsdowne the other week too...geez it's dark and hard to see isn't it. liked the machine across the road at the Off Broadway though ( Batman REturns)

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »
Yep the Batman is in perfect condition, only due to it being new hehe. Give it 6 months..

Offline grapsta

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:20 PM »
stayed at a camping ground in Port Stephens few weeks back...pinnie in the game room.....only one flipper working   *)*  ...still charging $2 for it. doh !

Offline MersadesMalone

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
Hello All

A few other locations I didn`t see mentioned here, FYI.

Tudor Hall Hotel, Redfern St; Redfern : Family Guy and Avatar
Freaky Tiki, King St, Newtown (Old Newtown Hotel): Spiderman, Avatar, Elvis and Sopranos
Petersham Bowling Club: High Speed 2 The Getaway
Squires Pub, King St Wharf: Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones (the Stern one)
Landsdowne now has Attack from Mars
Clare Hotel Broadway: Austin Powers

and with regards to the Batman in off Broadway hotel...the condition is no longer good...busted in several spots.

righto

m

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »
Duke Hotel on Enmore Rd has Creature and Scared Stiff
8 or so machines at the courthouse in Newtown
Elvis and Circus Voltaire (much better than the one that was at the lansdowne) at the Golden Barley on Edgeware Rd in Enmore
No Good Gofers at the Town and Country Hotel in St Peters
Twilight Zone at the Town Hall in Newtown
Some machines at the Imperial in Ershineville (I havent been there)
Lord of the Rings at the Sly Fox in Enmore.

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
Hi All,

a friend dropped by the Windsor Tavern last night and confirmed they do have machines (upstairs). Here's what she said

The New Windsor has Road Show, Twilight and Getaway Highspeed II. I didn’t play Twilight as I didn’t feel like it…. Getaway didn’t work… Road Show which would have been lots of fun if it worked 100%.  The main plunger (where you shoot the ball from) had a very weak spring ao it was slightly frustrating but in a way was good as I alwas got the skill shot and the main left flipper was very sloppy.

andrew

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
Hi All,

a friend dropped by the Windsor Tavern last night and confirmed they do have machines (upstairs). Here's what she said

The New Windsor has Road Show, Twilight and Getaway Highspeed II. I didn’t play Twilight as I didn’t feel like it…. Getaway didn’t work… Road Show which would have been lots of fun if it worked 100%.  The main plunger (where you shoot the ball from) had a very weak spring ao it was slightly frustrating but in a way was good as I alwas got the skill shot and the main left flipper was very sloppy.

andrew

Just an update, I dropped by the Windsor last night for a few games (yes i am very romantic).
-> Roadshow working perfectly. It looks like the left flipper was repaired. The plunger string is as it should be on a Roadshow
-> 'Twasn't Getaway, but No Feer. No fear was turned off & it's start button didnt work.
-> Twilight Zone was turned off.

I sent a text message to the operator. Hopefully he'll get around to getting the machines back in order (so RGR can play his No Fear).

andrew

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »

Offline silverballfever

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
Hi all,
In addition to all those pubs already mention, Hotel Mosman (634 Military Road, Mosman) has a CSI machine in a superb condition. I’ve never been a fan of the popular TV series but this machine is a so much fun to play. It has 3 flippers, a centrifuge toy that looks really cool in action, a scull that rises up from the playfield for two balls to be lodged in the eyes of the scull and setting up multi-ball AND also has a microscope that captures the ball on a magnet for lab examination. Hotel Mosman also does $7.90 steaks 7 days a week.
andrew (NOB) – last night’s Road Show was romantic!!! Our high scores were hot  @@*

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
Been a while since I posted on this site, but yes I wouldnt mind hitting No Fear at the New Windsor... Road Show works very well...

The traffic on this site is far less than Aussie Arcade so I do most of my posting on that site.