Author Topic: Stern Wildfyre PF restore..  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Wildfyre PF restore..
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
After spending ages trying to touch up the black bonus numbering by hand, I gave up and decided to use waterslide decals. This thing is taking WAY too long to complete and I needed to save time in order to get it done quicker, especially since I’ve already been paid to do the work!

First I needed scans of the numbers, which was done so I could touch the lettering in photostudio. In the end I ended up finding a close matching font in photostudio to use instead, and modified the numbers slightly so they looked reasonably close to the original font used, mainly the “2s” I had to change, how they curl around at the top. I only needed to modify one, then I simply copy/pasted it as needed onto the other numbers. 1st pic shows a test print on plain paper… I did this for all the decals I made in order to check the size was correct against the PF before printing onto waterslide decal paper.

2nd and 3rd pics show some of the finished decals I would be using, and the last pic is of the finished bonus numbering. Of course I had to first paint over the original numbering, let it dry and sand it back level with 800 grit wet&dry using Windex as a wetting agent, before I could apply the decals. After they were applied and had dried on there I sprayed some clear acrylic over them so seal my work, which I would cut back slightly later. Once again im using automotive acrylics (touchup spraycans) for all of the repainting of the large areas.

Last pic shows the completed bonus numbering…