Author Topic: Iron Monger issue  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Iron Monger issue
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:45 AM »
hi Pete

Nice collection their.

Just one question regarding the Iron man pinball is when the ball rolls over IRON MONGER in the middle of the playfield does it jump or bounce over, as just worried that mine doesn't site level with the playfield and it may damage the playfield at a latter date. !!!

Over all, good game IMO and still running ver1.4, up to ver 1.8 i think.

Is the 'Iron Monger sitting above the playfeild or below it?

On mine the plastic is flush at the back of the feature, but it does drop below the playfield a bit on the side closest to the player

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Re: Iron Monger issue
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »
Had a few more games again last night and my ball bounces and changes direction when it goes over iron monger.Will pull glass of today and have a good look.It not series but i think i will end up with some wear marks on my play field at a latter date.

Wonder if cliffy will be making a insert for around iron monger as i can see that area been a problem as well for wear..Still play like crap but that could be because i still running 1.2,will attempt to update as well.

Will let you no what i find but still happy with game over all. ^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
I do not think we will see a ‘Cliffy’ for this hole

From what I have seen, Cliffys tend to be for simple straight holes, ‘Iron Monger’ has a step
Also there is no post for it to fasten to

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
Found that the three screws holding the plastic cover were a bit higher compared to the playfield but was able to screw them down a bit more.Still got some bounce but not as bad as before.Might have to put some mylar down around those magnets.
I do not think we will see a ‘Cliffy’ for this hole

From what I have seen, Cliffys tend to be for simple straight holes, ‘Iron Monger’ has a step
Also there is no post for it to fasten to

Can see that Iron Monger hole being a problem at a later date, just have to wait and see.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
Sounds like a great game guys-how fast does she play? If I could fork out that sort of coin Ironman would be the machine for me as my 1st NIB.

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:30:30 AM »
It is a nice and fast game, G1
There are acouple of posts that come up and stop the ball while a mode is starting but otherwise it is non-stop

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
Hey Wonder
Tired of shooting the right ramp, your shot not being hard enough to reach the top and the ball draining?

Go to the post at the right of the ramp, remove the sleeve and replace with 3x 3/16 inch rubbers
The ball will bounce back to the left slingshot

I think I will eventually replace the post with a minipost or something similar so it looks factory issue

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
I noticed this fix at pinball life,i am going to do the same for my BBH as it has a similar problem http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1954&parent=272

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »
I noticed this fix at pinball life,i am going to do the same for my BBH as it has a similar problem http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1954&parent=272

Hush up
you are ruining my rep for being a wizard :p

EDIT
It did not seem to work with the rubber at the bottom of the post

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
Hey Wonder
Tired of shooting the right ramp, your shot not being hard enough to reach the top and the ball draining?

Go to the post at the right of the ramp, remove the sleeve and replace with 3x 3/16 inch rubbers

I think I will eventually replace the post with a minipost or something similar so it looks factory issue

There's plenty of gw

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »
Hey Wonder

There are plenty of games that if you shoot the ramp but do not make it all the way and when the ball starts back down it drains S.D.T.M.
The most simple way to fix this is what I have done on most of mine, That is between the post and the post sleeve push in a tooth pick (cocktail stick) towards the side facing the ramp entrance. This just causes the ball to catch the sleeve on the way down thus stopping a drain S.D.T.M.

Don't think you will find a cheaper fix, and the best thing about it, you can't tell its been altered.
Darren.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Hey Wonder

There are plenty of games that if you shoot the ramp but do not make it all the way and when the ball starts back down it drains S.D.T.M.

Do up the flippers so they make the shot, or live with it - that is how it was designed!

OK, some people might not agree with me.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
The ramps are so steep,it really slows the ball down, !!!

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »
Hey Wonder

Yes it does get a bit annoying, as you no that it going to go straight down the middle when it comes back. Haven't change mine yet but i will. *%*

I put the shaker motor on and it feels a lot better. *%*