Author Topic: Start of my Wms Flash restore  (Read 738 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Start of my Wms Flash restore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
Nice one Mitch enjoy it for a while mate but not to long I'm looking forward to your restore.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »
Nice one Mitch enjoy it for a while mate but not to long I'm looking forward to your restore.

No worries Daniel, i dont think you'll be waiting too long somehow  :D

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
A few more pics, here are some of the backglass.. quite a few areas of missing ink as can be seen, as well as the usual faded reds.

I had sealed this BG with Triple Thick before the game was packed up when i moved house, and im thinking i might start on the BG first with this restore  *%*
As usual i plan on fixing as much of this as possible, scraping the old faded or peeling ink and airbrushing in new paint, same as i've done on some previous restores i've posted here.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »
more pics  :D its a bit hard to tell in the 1st pic but most of the yellow in the lightning bolt is GOOONE!!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
And a few of the playfield. Not much will be needed in the way of paint touchups on this one, the only REAL wear is a bit of flipper drag that has rubbed through the mylar, and some wear where the ball enters the pf from the shooter lane.

And someone has moved the return lane guides to the flippers at some stage, so i will be filling and redrilling the holes to reposition them. Its more noticeable on the left flipper return guide, but they definitely need doing, as its making it hard to place shots due to the ball bouncing as it rolls onto the flipper.

Only other problems i can see at this stage are a few loose light inserts that will need to be glued and leveled and the apron will need to be repainted and decalled.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Very nice Flash, its a fun game to play. I no with my Flash is a boring game without the background sound. For a time my Flash lamps stoped working and I found it anoying that you get the sound of thunder but no Lightning (flash lamps) so when I got them working again I was real happy. Its a classic pinball amd mine is a keeper always.........

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Flash restore.. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
G'day guys, I wont be finishing the resto on this game (not for myself at least)  !!!

I've got this one sold 'as is' pending payment and delivery to a fellow AP member, due to financial difficulties, too many projects and not enough time to work on them.

Besides I havent really been able to get into this game.. Its one i got based on only playing it ONCE yrs ago and being taken with the background sound, which was the most memorable part of it for me. It has sat there untouched and unplayed for the last 3 or 4 months so i've decided its not for me. And that there are other games i'd rather have in its place one day.. like Gorgar.. now THAT title would be a definite keeper if i find one  *%* *%*

This is the first of several games that will be sold off from my collection  !!!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:18:20 PM by Mr Pinbologist »