Author Topic: Pascal Janin PI-1X4 board does not activate TILT relay  (Read 198 times)

Offline passa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide Australia
Pascal Janin PI-1X4 board does not activate TILT relay
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:05:01 AM »
Hello
I have a new Pascal Janin PI-1X4 board that does not activate or test the TILT relay in one of my Gottlieb System 1 machines.
It recognises the machine has tilted by displaying TILT in the display and stopping scoring but does not activate the TILT relay and allows the flippers,pop bumpers,targets etc to keep working until the ball drains.
I have tried a couple of fixes suggested by Pascal without success [replace Q6 and IC U27 CNY74-4].
The machine is not the problem as it is OK when an older PI-1X4 board I have is swapped to it.
I am waiting for Pascal to contact me again but am just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem recently with one of his boards ?
Thanks

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
I have put in a 4 in 1 only a couple of months ago, had no problems . Except, after a month, i needed to change an ic for the a control lamp that was on continually. Easy fix.
Pascal was very prompt to help me fix mine. I am sure you will get to the bottom of it.
Have you tried the 4 in 1 in another machine?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Welcome to AP
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline passa

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide Australia
Thanks to both of you who have replied so far.
I did swap the board to my other system one game and let it go through it's start up procedure a couple of times. It tested the 'GAME OVER' relay as it should but not the 'TILT" relay-same problem right from the start as in other machine so did not change game type and go any further.
I am waiting for Pascal to get back to me again-in the meantime am just curious to see if other boards have been shipped with the same problem ie a bad batch or am I just the lucky one off.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Might be worth checking the diode on your tilt relay if its broken when you replaced the transistor you could have blown it again straight away ;)