Author Topic: R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
I for one can not talk about living under a Thacher rule and all the guys from the UK have given their personal experience. Sorry for the tough times and any of your personal hardships during those times.
A couple of observations from reading other historic accounts come strong and direct:
1. GB was a basket case towards the late 70s. Militant unions brought the country to its knees with strike after strike. Rubbish was piling up everywhere and transport was at a standstill. Tough call for a new leader in 1979.
2. John Lydon amongst others had a go at the establisment and upper class capitalists but he also had a strong message to the working class, quote from Wiki:
He is critical of the upper classes, stating that they "parasite off the population as their friends help them along", but he equally criticises the working classes, claiming that "We're lazy, good-for-nothing bastards, absolute cop-outs [who] never accept responsibility for our own lives and that's why we'll always be downtrodden."

So love her or hate her, Magie's agenda was to move Britain away from where it was heading which upset a lot of people.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:29:33 PM by Freiherr »
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,