Author Topic: Color DMD?  (Read 106269 times)

Offline pinwaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • clackers
Re: Color DMD?
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »
 ^^^cant wait to see the taf color dmd live max  $#$
Pinball its more than just a game

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 12:23:46 AM »
AFM and MM go on sale August 8th

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »

Stock for both MM and AFM came online for sale last night - and sold out 20 minutes later.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:27:04 PM by pinsanity »

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
I know that sucks for anyone that missed out on getting one (this time) but I think that's awesome.
All that means is that these guys will be making more for AFM, MM, and many more titles.
Obviously there is a huge demand for this product.
I don't have an AFM, MM or Addams (at the moment) but I will happily buy one for every one of my machines.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
Great way to keep the price at its maximum, low supply, huge demand. Why dont they produce double or triple > they would have safe numbers to produce from many emails detailing interest, That way they wont over produce.  !@#

I can see why people are buying the displays even if they havent got the game yet. As long as prices dont come down alot, the stradegy might work out. They sure do look great these colur dmds.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »

Great way to keep the price at its maximum, low supply, huge demand. Why dont they produce double or triple

I think you'll find these are hobbyists who can't risk bank rolling a large run with the risk of sitting on stock. Who would have known the demand would be as high as indicated? Good on them for seeing this through (I love seeing the AFM dots on my game in colour). I'm not criticising them for going this route, it's sensible and ensures continued growth of this hobby business.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
With them teaming up with a big seller (like Marco or Bay Area) u think they would produce more, or at least have more serious numbers from their sales outlets to increase the run of new dmd s available.  * Time to hit the bank manager with some order sheets and get some more capital.

I wonder how many they are releasing at once, is it 50 or 500 ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »

* Time to hit the bank manager with some order sheets and get some more capital.

And potentially be left with stock and debt. I'm sure they have thought this through, they are obviously pretty smart.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
No. If u have paper orders in hand from Marco/Bay Area for say 300 units, and you produce 300 units, then u wouldnt have stock left over or any debt unless you didnt have the capital upfront, which is why anyone who is underfunded could approach their bank for capital. When you have run your own business for over 20 years like I have, its the first thing u would do to meet the gap between total under supply and having far too many customers waiting for stock which they cannot get. 

With a potential capital injection from their bank, all outstanding orders would potentially be fullfilled. It still sounds like they are under capitalised if they are only producing a fraction of what the public are trying to order. Selling services, and not product, is a different business. The problem with being totally understocked, is that customers try repeated times to purchase, and when they cant get the product, they give up meaning you dont get their dollar. Undersupply is just as bad as over supply. Its not smart to have nowhere near the product to fullfil orders.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »

Yeah, I know how it works......  :tumble:

I just look on the positive side and I am presuming they also know how it works, and have made the very sensible decision not to trade on promises and/or other people's money. Some like to work without debt and reduce the risk to negligible. Doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
The fact is that there is still a major supply problem. Something isnt right somewhere. Its not how I would be doing it at all.

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »
One Color  DMD  arriving next week

Thanks for your help Reuben

Loving AFM #*#

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »
I think the first run was 100 units
The second run was double that, 200
Third run doubled that again

Knowing that most pinheads are traditionalists, I am a little surprised by the demand
But now they know the market . When it comes time for Addams family they will probably start at 1000 units

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

The fact is that there is still a major supply problem. Something isnt right somewhere. Its not how I would be doing it at all.

The fact is they are doing it their way, have produced a great product, and it is in demand. End of story.