Author Topic: Color DMD?  (Read 106267 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Color DMD?
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2013, 09:07:25 AM »
there were 2 other clues but video out now - TOM

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
I played the colordmd in a creature and though it was well done and looked great, it still left me wanting a green dmd in the creature - just left me feeling the movie was from the era of black and white movies and that it wasn't quite suited with all the varied colours - or maybe that was just my odd perception of the colordmd in this particular pin.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2014, 04:33:41 PM »
Next title.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2014, 05:08:53 PM »
I wish they would do a machine I have, obviously I am not buying popular enough machines. lol.. They will probably announce fish tales the day after I drop it off to my brother...

I have two of their screens now with just with Sigma firmware, one is on judge dredd and the other on tron..

Judge Dredd set to yellow and scanlines looks awesome, as the graphics are animated (cartoon like) and so comes up looking great..

The ColorDMD Sigma display on Tron is a disappointment, though the Tron DMD animation looks crappy IMO anyway.. They didn't draw new graphics like Star Trek and most other machines, instead they simply took movie clips and made them look shitty.. IMO it is the only real problem with an otherwise great title, so nothing can really be done to fix it by anyone but Stern who obviously wouldn't..

Want to put one on my already far over engineered BSD, and maybe on Dr Who if I decide it will become a keeper/collection pin for me (pick it up tomorrow, have decals ready to go and thankfully the playfield had full mylar on it which once removed revealed a spotless playfield)..
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
Just installed a color DMD in my creature
looks great

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:59:06 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
coming soon - colour changing dmd

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
Next title:

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2014, 05:30:02 PM »
finally a game I have/had and it is after I sold it.. grrr
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Wiked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »
I was going to order 2 ColorDMD's but I guess I change that to 3 now.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Color DMD?
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »
Well got to see my first colour DMD's yesterday at a meet in Melbourne and I was blown away they looked awesome :) MM was fantastic and the MB animation on TOM was incredible I'm sold on these :-) thanks Mike for the great day and the laughs although I'm not sure if he's on AP.

Peter

Offline Daring33

• Forum Posts:
  • South Australia
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
I just placed an order for two of them, will go into a STTNG and a Creature, can't wait until they arrive.

Offline Daring33

• Forum Posts:
  • South Australia
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
I just placed an order for two of them, will go into a STTNG and a Creature, can't wait until they arrive.

Just spent a few minutes trying to find the edit button!

Got my package today and have installed one into my STTNG, should have been an easy job but my J-116 had 4 pins not three, anyone seen this before?  Did the blank pin just not get cut off when they were being produced?  I have never had the board out of this machine but it all looks to be original.  Anyway after checking and then checking again that there should only be 3 pins I cut the other one off and plugged it all in. (cutting it off wasn't easy while it was still in the machine)

It looks great, will be good when someone else is playing it so I can pay more attention to the dots.  My only regret is being out of the loop for a couple of years and missed our dollar being stronger against the USD.

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
 My color dmd on my tron is amazing and I will definitely be getting another one. I wish they could do some colour roms for later sterns but I don't think they will release the rights for their dots to get the colour treatment. Bummer

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »
My color dmd on my tron is amazing and I will definitely be getting another one. I wish they could do some colour roms for later sterns but I don't think they will release the rights for their dots to get the colour treatment. Bummer

Going by an interview on the spooky pinball podcast they will start working on new sterns soon